Thursday, April 20, 2006

She Has Her Father's Eyes...

////////
In honor of the birth that dare not speak it's name, here are five completely unrelated-to-this-event films that no one could ever, should ever, associate with such a blessed, happy thing... ahem...

Devil Fetus (1983) - I've never seen this, but my boyfriend has, and he does a terrific impression of the "devil fetus" of the title, which apparently was a rubbery baby doll covered in slime that would pop up like a Muppet and wiggle around... evilly. Evil wiggling! Run!



It's Alive (1974) Another classic of the School of Wiggling Evil, but I remember this film as actually being somewhat creepy... then again, I watched it, along with it's two (!) sequels, in a marathon session when I was 13, and things scared me... more easily then. I do remember the birthing scene as being especially traumatic, though.


The Omen, (1976) I'm more excited about the remake (watch the terrific trailer here) with Liev Schriber, Julia Stiles, and Mia Farrow (Yay! Mia!), than I can pretend to have enthusiasm for the original film. Gregory Peck... let's not speak of Gregory Peck being in this movie. But I do often find myself wanting to shout out, "I did it all for YOU, Damien!"... just without having to then leap off a rooftop with a noose tied around my neck.


Children of the Damned (1963) Yes, the original is a slight classic, with the identical little Hitler-Youth-like murdering tweens, but I hold a special place in my heart for the truly awful John Carpenter directed remake, starring Christopher Reeve and an obviously drunken Kirstie Alley trying to vamp it up as some sort of detective? Scientist? Lord knows what she's supposed to be, but she's wonderfully awful. And Chris Reeve's acting chops are pushed to their limit when he spends about five minutes of the film (literally) having to imagine a brick wall with all his might. "She was meant for me."

The Bad Seed (1956) Oh, darling little Patty McCormack. Such a sweet little treat! Look at that face! Can you imagine a more innocent, lovely girl? Well, you'd better not be able to, or she'll set you on fire in the basement of her house.


tags: horror, TomKat, Tom Cruise, Katie Holmes, movies, celebrities, devil, gossip

7 comments:

qta said...

not so sure about the Omen remake... but being 4 years old when the first film came out (complete with cherub face, blue eyes, brown bowl cut, and the name damion), this is somewhat understandable. You try having your head checked for 666 over a 29 year period.... ughhhh.

I do love people shouting "I did it all for you, damien" though :)

great post!

Anonymous said...

I thought that Kirstie Alley was a lot of fun in the "Village...Damned" remake.

Javier Aldabalde said...

I'm loving your posts.

Anonymous said...

Mia Farrow?!! Back on screen?!! YAAAY!!! What a glorious day this is..

NATHANIEL R said...

damion, even w/out the name I got checked for 666 given that my birthday is june 6th.

Glenn Dunks said...

Anyone released on Juny 6 this year is gonna get it bad. 06/06/06 and with the remake all the new kids will actually be aware of it. Funny stuff.

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work 1956 mercury monterey convertible personalized children &aposs stationery winter sport travel long stay insurance renault clio whee triml renault van windscreen cover dr waterbed small hotels in palma Cambodia projectors blackjack count cards Paris hilton thong pictures nissan floor mats post surgical nursing interventions rhinoplasty emergency phones Golf club sales Anatomically correct cad models bontril works action+electric+wheel+chair i can't watch this