Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Simply the Bette

Had she miraculously lived through breast cancer, that haze of smoke constantly surrounding Bette Davis would've taken her. But not without a fight! The sharp-tongued screen legend woulda been 98 long years old today *wipes away tear* So if you still haven't kicked the habit, light a cigarette today in her honor. Better yet, curl up with one of her movies.

Previous Bette-centric posts:
"She's a Bitch @ The Movies" video compilation
Whatever Happened to Baby Jane? Halloween

8 comments:

NicksFlickPicks said...

I noticed on IMDb that Bette Davis, Gregory Peck, Melvyn Douglas, and Spencer Tracy were all born today. If today were my birthday, I would be signing up for auditions NOW. Clearly some amazing zodiac action going on.

NATHANIEL R said...

so true. hee

nice that they listed all of them. sometimes the people they select to be highlighted and in which order embarrass the hell out of me.

Anonymous said...

It's the Aries connection, I think. We're a passionate, fiery, prodigiously talented bunch (lol). My birthday is on Friday, but which star do I have to share it with? Russell Crowe. :-(

M

Anonymous said...

P.S. Do they celebrate terrestrial birthdays in heaven? If so, a very happy one to Bette Davis, Gregory Peck, Melvyn Douglas, and Spencer Tracy. Get shitty!

NicksFlickPicks said...

I would happily share more than a birthday with Russell Crowe. Is that wrong?

Ramification said...

I am with you nick, but only Russell Crowe circa Gladiator days!

adam k. said...

Gladiator days AND Master & Commander days. Man, he was hot in M&C... it was the hair, I think.

Also, my birthday is a mere one day after Meryl Streep's (I am June 23). And actually, I was born at like 1:09am, so really it's basically the same day... at least with my current sleep schedule...

Anonymous said...

I share my birthday with J Lo eeewww :-(