Sunday, April 23, 2006

Supporting Actress Sunday

Nathaniel speaking.

Do you miss me? I'm sorry to tease. I'm not really back. I'm back on Tuesday. But I was previously scheduled to appear at Stinky Lulu Sez today so this post was pre-created for your pleasure.

The following video is only suitable for viewing by Oscar obsessives. Seriously.

After watching head on over to Stinky's Supporting Actress Smackdown!: a three-pronged discussion of these five Oscar-nominated performances of 1958; the ditzy secretary, the hotelier, the schoolteacher, a lonely heart, and a horny hillbilly. It's all part of the first month of "Supporting Actress Sunday"



Back to the full Film Experience Blog

tags: Maureen Stapleton, supporting actress, academy awards, movies, celebrities, Oscars, lists

10 comments:

John T said...

That was excellent-I've only seen Cara Williams, but now am headed over to Wendy Hiller and Maureen Stapleton: both look interesting.

John T said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
The 'Stache said...

Nathaniel, because when I'm done I post, I've put up my Michelle tribute. Sorry to be so early. As I say on there, consider it an appetizer to the main event. I'll be looking forward to reading yours and more later in the week. Ciao.

Vertigo's Psycho said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Vertigo's Psycho said...

Celia Johnson starred in Brief Encounter. For vintage, pre-Tables Hiller, check out her great, Oscar-nominated Eliza Doolittle in 1938's Pygmalion.

Middento said...

What a great collection of clips. I still have a thing for Auntie Mame and Cass' gonzo performance.

But more importantly -- where on earth did you find a widescreen copy of Some Came Running?! That's a guilty pleasure of mine -- but I've always wanted to see it in widescreen! Spill the beans!

Anonymous said...

Well done!
[url=http://ehopznno.com/lexp/eavy.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://wvhhriob.com/ufdr/spty.html]Cool site[/url]

Anonymous said...

Thank you!
My homepage | Please visit

Anonymous said...

Nice site!
http://ehopznno.com/lexp/eavy.html | http://gfohfagq.com/jpew/mfgg.html

Anonymous said...

Very nice site! 1989 toyota celica gt body kits Casualty insurance property training