Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Ms Turner Thanks You

Happy Birthday Kathleen Turner! One of my friends, upon hearing me utter "Kathleen Turner" for the fifth time this month, stared at me with great concern and asked "are you intending to launch a massive Turner revival or something?" I'll tell you exactly what I told him. "That's always a temptation." She's a star who got away. So many young moviegoers just have no inkling about the details of her grand career. This is partially her fault but that's a story for another day. She certainly was is something. Matty Walker, China Blue, Joan Wilder, Jessica Rabbit and Peggy Sue ...here's to them and Kathleen, here's to you!

For more on Ms Turner, visit her site or click on the label below for previous Turneriffic film experience posts

8 comments:

Cinesnatch said...

Just when I thought I couldn't be tickled anymore for you stopping to commemorate the 15th anniversary of Pfeiffer in Batman Returns, you had to say something so on target as Turner being the star that got away.

Cheers to you!!!!!!!!!!

Marius said...

Yeah, Kathleen Turner is the star who got away. Happy Birthday, Kathleen. We love ya!

Anonymous said...

Kathleen Turner is the star that let herself go.

Anonymous said...

It's a pity too because she was one of the best of the decade - watch Body Heat again and eat your heart out Sharon Stone. Nobody was ever hotter onscreen (with the exception, perhaps, of La Pfieffer as Catwoman.)

And I loved Serial Mom - weird film, but Turner completely nails the performance.

RedSatinDoll

VW said...

There was always something about Kathleen Turner - something others performers can only dream about. "V.I. Warshawski" - now there was a heroine role nobody picked up on during the blogathon - or did I miss something?

NATHANIEL R said...

you didn't. Despite 53 (!) articles nobody covered

BUFFY
CATWOMAN
KATHLEEN TURNER (VI or romancing the stone or undercover blues)
JODIE FOSTER (panic room or flightplan)
FAY WRAY (any version)

and the TV girls also went missing: BUFFY, ALIAS, POWERPUFF GIRLS, WONDERWOMAN, kinda surprising since they were clearly allowed in.

Unknown said...

Kathleen! The only woman I could ever go straight for. She could lead me around by my manhood, just like William Hurt.

Cinesnatch said...

I remember a letter to the editor in Premiere in regards to a Kathleen Turner article around the time of "V.I Warshowski." Apparently, the woman writing in thought Turner was arrogant or something about her looks. It was at a time where she was starting to put on a few pounds. I remember the line ... "the legs are always the last to go." Unfortunately for Turner, she was right.

But, remember her in the December '89 (War of the Roses) cover or Premiere? She really did look sensational.