This Weekend: I saw Pirates: At World's End (meh. But at least Johnny had more to do than he did in Dead Man's Chest and therefore it was better than the second one) and Knocked Up (in regard to which: I am in a teensy minority of not all that impressed. I can live with that. I've never been too concerned w/ majority opinion anyway. I'm still deciding if i'm thumbs down in a very positive way --it was really funny-- or thumbs up in a negative way). What did you see this weekend?
Also: That sidebar soundtrack jukebox has five new choices for your listening pleasure.
- Christine Lavin's Attainable Love -an actressexual anthem than many of you probably haven't heard. She's my favorite folk singer
- Rufus Wainwright's "Oh What a World" -I love this song so much. His line readings make me giggle. I particular love "men reading fashion magazines. straight men..." the ellipsis kills me. Is it a question, a head scratching shrug, or a story untold, a joke? God I love Rufus.
- Erykah Badhu's "Back in the Day/ Puff" from Dave Chappelle's Block Party. There's a post over at Jurgen Fauth's Muckworld about revisiting the movie that I liked.
- Thompson Twins "If You Were Here" which is a tune I always liked and was a staple of 80s teen movie soundtracks
- Sapna Anthi's "Chiayya Chiayya Bollywood Joint" from Inside Man