Saturday, February 13, 2010

Catty Kim Novak

Press play. It magically provides your soundtrack for this post*



A happy 77th birthday to one of the screen's most famous sirens, Kim Novak. I always picture her with/as feline since I fell for her as a kid watching Bell Book and Candle on the telly.


And there's still more! This 50s sex kitten was always surrounding herself with feline friends.

Meow!


If I were a sexy actress, I'd also surround myself with cats for photoshoots. and then I'd become a crazy old cat lady. Which I desperately hope Kim Novak now is. It's a perfectly natural beautiful progression. We haven't seen Kim in decades so I feel it's a safe guess.

If you were a famous actor, which animal would you accessorize with?

*I've been stuck in a Prince loop lately after a recent spin of Purple Rain which to my astonishment doesn't seem to have aged even a day in its 26 years. Timeless classic!

6 comments:

Calum Reed said...

I'm a particular lover of Bassett Hounds. They've got such adorable noses and when they bark it sounds like they're really pining for you. I wish I liked cats but they seem stalkerish and really freak me out. I think I need a particular cat to win me over...

Purple Rain will never grow old!

Runs Like A Gay said...

Definitely a dog man myself.

I probably would have gone for something butch and manly but this weekend I've been seduced by Smooth Fox Terriers.

(Thanks to Colin and Matthew)

jimmy said...

adborable stupid cocker spaniels. btw - kim novak was on larry king for some reason, a few years ago. she seems relatively normal. still looks yummy - didn't appear to have work done. maybe she would be a great person to give out "Best Picture" oscar this year.

Arthur Canning said...

I'd go with 3 NEWFOUNDLAND dogs...and six POMMERANNIANS riding in two's in baskets on the bigger dogs backs...with little helmets and goggles...

NATHANIEL R said...

arthur -- that's awesome. if you have to go with dogs... make the toy dogs alpha

Jimmy -- as if Adam Shankman cares about classic Hollywood (sigh)

Anonymous said...

Love 'Bell, Book and Candle'! Love Kim Novak! LOVE CATS! And... gotta love a guy who loves cats!!