Friday, February 26, 2010

Link You, Link Me; Link It Together, Naturally

All Things Fangirl how traditionally trained our Oscar's acting nominees? This is hot. Yay, for new coverage angles.
Towleroad My latest column: Prodigal Sons has opened (finally!) so watch for it in your city. Plus, a few more words from my Lee Daniels (Precious) interview and Kathryn Bigelow's enviable man harem.
Movies Kick Ass Jose unveils his "best of '09"
The Critical Condition helps you win your Oscar pool with the live action and animated shorts
Cinematical "How open are you moviewise?" That's a good question. We like to think all of Film Experience's readers are wide open
I Need My Fix Angelina Jolie is 'Pretty in Paris' filming The Tourist
Pop Watch post Olympic competition, Johnny Weir continues to be awesome. Speaks out for all future girlyboys. Someone give him a medal, now please.
i09 With Dollhouse wrapped, what's next for Eliza Dushku on the bigscreen?

C'est La Gêne (in French) Who is the greatest actress in the world?


Elle s'appelle Nicole Kidman
, n'est-ce pas?
Awards Daily Have you been following this whole Chartier mini-scandal?
Nick's Flick Picks YAY. Another year of Nick's Actress Project, 1944. The passage about Ingrid Bergman = Nicole Kidman is especially divine/interesting

BBC News the Olivier Award nominees over in London (home to an ever thriving theater culture) are like a laundry list of people we'd like to see in better movie roles and maybe during future Oscar seasons. Gillian Anderson, Jude Law (i.e. New Hamlet), James McAvoy, Rachel Weisz and Keira Knightley are the most famous ones. But there's still more enticements. Imelda Staunton, Eddie Redmayne, and remember Samuel West who was so bookishly bewitched bothered and bewildered by Helena Bonham-Carter's inner fire in Howards End) and Mark Rylance who, for a brief period was a go to guy for frequently naked dramas (Angels & Insects, Prospero's Books, Intimacy)? They're all nominated. What a group. Makes you want to book a longish trip to London and attend lots of shows.

15 comments:

JoFo said...

I was lucky enough to be in London in January and caught Keira Knightley on stage in her now nominated role in The Misanthope. I've always thought she was a decent actress, but nothing amazing, but she knocked the socks off me in this play. She was incredible, to the extent that if she pulled off a performance of this maginitude on film I think theres an Oscar in her sights!

Anonymous said...

I saw Gillian Anderson in "A Doll's House" in London last summer and she was excellent!!! I was blown away with her performance! I hope she wins the Olivier award and why not even an Oscar soon if she finds the perfect role!

dfwforeignbuff said...

Eric F Friends can you help me? this is my old Netflix queue (pdf file) 500 moviesI wonder if you and your blog readers could pick about 50 or 100 films which I should move to the top of the Queue I have now. Basically I am tired of getting so many mid grade movies and want to make sure I get some good ones next few ...months I get five movies at a time from Netflix. On this pdf file I have seen the first nine on the list and received red road leolo somer’s town sin dejar huella and paa today eztone at hotmail dot com thanks in advance

dfwforeignbuff said...

Darn I put wrong name sorry Nathan.

NoNo said...

I can't be the only one who heard that there will be a DJ at the Oscars! Joel Madden from Good Charlotte!

Burning Reels said...

Love the formal training link - fascinating piece...

What's your crystal ball say about The Tourist Nathaniel?

I wouldn't really be that interested but I am curious as to how The Lives of Others director can follow up his splendid debut.

Anonymous said...

Can somebody explain to me why Nicole would mess with that face? The face that brought her success, fame and oscar?

Love her, but silly woman.

Cluster Funk said...

You neglected to mention Juliet Stevenson, who is so talented-- and so-o underrated.

Also, isn't it weird how awards, Olivier included, expand/contract the number shortlisted? Seems random to have 6 Best Actor and Best Supporting Actress nominees, then just 4 Best Supporting Actor ones. (Or were there just 4 such total on the London stage this season? *snort*)

NATHANIEL R said...

Cluster -- I TOTALLY MEANT TO. oopsie. I love her in Truly Madly Deeply so so so much. Oscar nom worthy.

Derreck said...

I refuse to believe that Kathryn Bigelow is 58. 58 has NEVER looked that good.

Michael B. said...

Nono...

There usually is a DJ at the Oscars but you never see them. They are just there to play music during the commercial breaks.

Anonymous said...

Erica

Jude Law totaly rock the Hamlet !
I hope he win. and Yes Nat we do need to see Jude and the other actors during Oscar season.

Liz said...

For the first time ever the Olivier Awards will be streamed online from their official site on the 21st March. Not that i'd expect their servers to hold out for long!

Magicub said...

I want to believe that 58 looks like Kathryn Bigelow, Instead of the way James BCameron looks 55

Anonymous said...

Gillian Anderson was phenomanal in the doll's house! She's such an amazing actress!