Sunday, October 22, 2006

Vampires, Actresses, Hotties and You

Coming Soon: In just one week's time, October 29th, there's another "Supporting Actress Smackdown" This time for the 1982 Oscar lineup. So you've still got a bit of time to catch some of those movies you haven't seen (or haven't seen in awhile like Tootsie, Victor/Victoria, The World According to Garp and Frances) It's more fun when you play along and comment. You can see the past compilation of Smackdowns here.

The next day, on October 30th, the Vampire Blog-a-Thon flies in to terrorize and amuse. There's a legion of fine blogs signed up. Have your garlic, crucifixes and stakes ready. This time around I haven't asked any of the blogs what they're writing about so I'll be as surprised as any other reader to see which films and subgenres get written up.

I'm curious to see which films people wanna either spend their undead immortality with or drive a stake straight through, aren't you? While we're on topic, go vote on the best vampire movie poll)

Until that time there'll be more new reviews and updated Oscar Predictions. God I love October. It's when the studios finally notice the moviegoers pining for substance and toss off their faux generous "let them eat cake" moments. The cakes aren't always delicious but I'm gonna stuff my face anyway. (I'm off to see Marie-Antoinette--wish me luck)

Oh, and P.S...
I'm taking suggestions for the Blogosphere Multiplex series (our last victim was The Gilded Moose. Who should I jabber at next?) and the Hump Day Hotties Wednesday series (Channing Tatum and James McAvoy are getting lonely... this season's been spotty). Help me in the comments or shoot an e-mail if you're feeling shy.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you're looking for a hump day hottie then look out for Dominic Cooper playing Dakin in next months (over there) History Boys.

He's so good looking he has one other boy and his teacher after him. Not bad.

Anonymous said...

Ummm...you should...do...Raoul Bova for Hump Day Hotties. I've only seen two of his movies, but I'm pretty sure he's one of the most beautiful men alive. No, I'm absolutely sure. ;)

c.p. iñor said...

FYC HUMP DAY HOTTIES:
PENELOPE CRUZ
KATE WINSLET
KIRSTEN DUNST
EVAN RACHEL WOOD

Beau said...

Hump Day Hotties:
Rupert Friend
Rodrigo Santoro

Glenn Dunks said...

I think I have the solution for HDH. He's even in Marie Antoinette so it links!

http://www.justjared.com/2006/10/17/jamie-dornan-shirtless/

Anonymous said...

Hump Day Hotties: How about David Wenham? And I totally agree with beau on Rupert Friend...wow!