Wednesday, July 18, 2007

"Good Morning Moviegoers" Hairspray is here

Oh, oh, oh Woke up today
Feeling the way i always do
Oh, oh, oh Anxious for something
I rarely screen: A musical’s first scene!

The rhythm, the gowns --my frown’s upside down
It's like a message from high above
Oh, oh, oh Pulling me in
To the story, this genre I love

Good morning moviegoer
Each new Hairspray’s an open door
Each new Tracy a fantasy
Each new version a symphony


You’ll excuse this corny oversell opening because we’re talking about musical comedy. You gotta sell it! [Read my full review @ Zoom In]
*

6 comments:

JP said...

It might possibly be my favorite musical.. ever. I actually thought it was better than Chicago.

Anonymous said...

I loved it too, except for Amanda Bynes, who I thought was just downright terrible.

Pfeiffer is great, and I agree with you that "...Crabs" works better on the big screen, but still weaker than the other songs.

tremendous energy, very infectious and I'm so in love with Elijah Kelley as Seaweed!

Anonymous said...

This has nothing to do with it, but I thought you guys might get excited...
Could it be....On the Golden Compass IMDB.Com webpage they say on the actor list, Eric Bana and Kevin Bacon are mentioned...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0385752/

Anonymous said...

he's right! Why are Kevin Bacon and Erica Bana on the list? Is it a mistake or a surprise?

Glenn Dunks said...

EEP! So excited for Hairspray! Not out here until mid-September though :(

Travolta really is hard to my mind around though.

Anonymous said...

I basically agree with your review word-for-word, especially the props to James Marsden and Elijah Kelley, who are fantastic; the way the civil rights march brings the movie to a dull halt; and the weirdness of losing the kiss from "Timeless."