Thursday, July 12, 2007

Promises Promises (Pfeiffer The Tease)

There's a good article over @ Shared Darkness about Pfeiffer's response to the I Could Never Be Your Woman release troubles. It ends with this titillating quote.
Pfeiffer insists that fans needn't worry about her totally disappearing. Apart from the forthcoming Stardust, she's also eyeing a couple other projects. "I’ve actually been working the last two years, it’s just that now everything is coming out," she says. "It’s kind of natural that I was due to take a break. It wasn’t a conscious decision... but I’d worked pretty hard for a long time, and it probably made sense for my psyche."
Such a tease.

I'll believe those "couple other projects" when I see them. Look how long that Chasing Montana situation has dragged on --it's getting pretty Flora Plum up in there. But I'm not complaining given the veritable Pfeifferpalooza of summer 2007! (The complaining can wait til 2008 when she vanishes again)

12 comments:

John T said...

Oh Flora Plum-how long has that been in development hell? 10 years? 15?

E Dot said...

Oh great, another Pfeiffer post.....

(just kidding of course)

adam k. said...

Would you hate me if I said I thought for a second that that picture was of Kate Hudson?

(runs and hides behind things)

Noel Vera said...

Hi, Nathaniel, sorry but you've been tagged

Anonymous said...

"Would you hate me if I said I thought for a second that that picture was of Kate Hudson?

(runs and hides behind things)"

Oh, that's who I thought she resembled! Good eye, Adam.

RedSatinDoll

J.D. said...

I feel like some serious sh*t's gonna go down on this ground today........... Bye! [dashes out]

NATHANIEL R said...

adam --i've got my eye on you [makes lily tomlin's gesture from big business --how's that for an inappropriately retro 80s reference]

elias --wait does this mean you don't wan't pfeiffer week next week? maybe this is overkill. perhaps i should start deleting the rough drafts

john t --at least since jodie could walk and talk and say what she wanted to be when she grew up.

redsatindoll --doNOT encourage him

j.d. is a smart boy

Beau said...

*sighs* I wish 'Woman' would finally come out. I'm sick to death of waiting for these distractions to the blockbuster-filled doldrums of the summer. (Granted, I still have a few around (namely La Vie en Rose, Mighty Heart and Joshua), but I'd KILL for a 'Margot at the Wedding' right about now.

NATHANIEL R said...

silly BEAU. it's not the right quadrant for your selfish needs. Hollywood has decreed that only blockbusters come out in summer. only talky dramas in fall. only trash in spring.

pay attention!

;)

Anonymous said...

To the demon in actress Michelle Pfeiffer: in the name of Jesus Christ, I cast you out.

E Dot said...

Okay, maybe next week. However, that's only because of Hairspray's release. Just keep it light and don't use the phrase 'La-Pfeiffer' :)

Anonymous said...

I found this preview of Pfeiffer's interview from Inside The Actors Studio on the Bravo TV site..it's just 2 minutes' worth...but worth seeing until the full show!

http://video.bravotv.com/player/?id=126537