Saturday, September 27, 2008

Red Carpet Rendezvous

Fashion break! I enjoy a little premiere finery as much as the gossip blogs but it's just not my goddamned raison d'etre. I'm too busy talking about movies. And Oscar. Oh shiny Oscar. He who wears nothing but a sword. (Weird that he's so connected with fashion) Anyway... here's a random sampling of what some actresses were wearing this past week at premieres, awards and parties and whatnot. Just for fun. Maybe I'll arrange a rendezvous every Saturday?

(Because I am a giver I even tried to keep their heights in scale while bringing them all together for you)

Sarah Jessica Parker celebrated the launch of the Sex & The City DVD as some sort of punk Holly GoLightly. Am I mistaken or is the print doing the actual cigarette smoking for her? That's one way to not blacken your lungs. Dakota Fanning finally resurfaced to promote Hounddog. Renée Zellweger (yes I'm saying her name. I'm trying to be nice!) has wrapped herself up for a night on the town with Viggo & Ed (lucky girl) to promote Appaloosa. Mary Louise Parker didn't win the Emmy. boo. (I also love Tina Fey so that "boo" is said in knee jerk non-committal fashion) Madonna is "Sticky & Sweet" and still rock hard at 50 as she traverses the globe to Entertain You. Her pal Gwyneth Paltrow at a party. Sandra Oh is about to go blind in Blindness (previous posts) but she wasn't blind when she chose this Emmy gown, was she? Great stuff. And finally Kiki. She's just walking down the street. Just because.
*
*

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

'Her Majesty of all Red Carpets', (in Nathaniel's opinion) Cate Blanchett, graced the red carpet of a fashion show in Milan this week. I'm suprised you didn't want to put up a pic of her as well.

NATHANIEL R said...

I wouldve if I had seen the pic

Anonymous said...

I love Sandra Oh, and I love Sandra Oh on the red carpet and at awards ceremonies. She always looks gorgeous (she is so beautiful, I can't understand why she isn't deluged with acting jobs).

And at awards ceremonies she always looks so fresh and not jaded at all. She looks delighted to be there, and listens attentively to all the awards and claps with enthusiasm. Remember at all the "Sideways" awards how happy she looked, even though she was the only one in the film who seemed to get no awards whatsoever?

Anonymous said...

it was going until the dunst!!

Anonymous said...

it was going until the dunst!!