Monday, September 29, 2008

Monday Monologue with Christopher Walken (Pt 1)

Alvy, this is my room. Can I confess something?


I tell you this because, as an artist, I think you'll understand. Sometimes when I'm driving on the road at night I see two headlights coming toward me fast, I have this sudden impulse to turn the wheel quickly head on into the oncoming car. I can anticipate the explosion, the sound of shattering glass, the flames rising out of the flowing gasoline.

-Christopher Walken as "Duane Hall"

...right well --we have to go now, Chris. We're due back on planet Earth. (Christopher Walken is a nutjob. Or at least he plays one utterly convincingly onscreen.
*

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's gonna sound awful but sometimes when I'm driving and the car in front of me stops at a stoplight, I really feel like accelerating...

Chris Na Taraja said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

This is the scene that always gets the biggest laugh from me. Walken is a national treasure.