Saturday, September 06, 2008

Stop Making Link

Electronic Cerebrectomy throws down. God Blockbuster is annoying. Netflix and GreenCine forever!
In Contention revisits Chris Nolan's first film Following. With audio Q & A!
popbytes has been going for 5 years strong today. Congratulations MK!
Hot Blog David Poland loves Rachel Getting Married. Calls Demme's artistic comeback "a minor masterpiece"
NewNowNext Alan Ball and the HBO's vampire series True Blood
The Big Picture looks at Me and Orson Welles


Scanners spreads that viral Juneau poster. hee
Design You Trust 'Emo for Obama'. also awesome
Black Book
has superb photos of Tilda Swinton. [editors note: Are there any other kind?]
Getty Impossibly, Anne Hathaway gets better looking every year. Here she is @ Venice
And Your Little Blog, Too made this nifty 'Girls Just Wanna Have Fun' movie queen montage... Never take a beautiful girl and hide her away from the rest of the world. That's like a felony in my world



* The Little Shop of Horrors "musical of the month" celebration will be up @ 6 PM EST today. Get those posts ready!

6 comments:

Hayden said...

That video is fabulous, if a little short on my favorite working actresses: I'd love to have seen some Maggie, Julie, Emma, Glenn, Vanessa, and Meryl.

But, with the exception of Ms. Christie, the others' careers aren't exactly known for their flirtiness or sex appeal. So I respectfully understand.

Hayden said...

Oh, and of course it should have featured at least one air-hump from "Making Whoopee."

Vertigo's Psycho said...

Thanks for linking me, Nathaniel. My video hits are going up again.

Glad you enjoyed it, Hayden. I mainly had classic movie stars in mind when I made the vid using my DVD collection of largely classic movies (I've very "Old Hat" when it comes to my movie queens, although I admit I just couldn't leave out the likes of Cher, "Mommie Dearest," or Jane, Dolly, and Lily), but I have "Doctor Zhivago" on DVD, so I'll try to remember Christie (love her- I used her picture along with 99 other movie divas for my first video about a year ago) if I ever come up with a "Girls, Part 2."

Direct me to the "Whoopee" air hump, and I'll try to throw that in sometime, too.

Anonymous said...

thanks for the link love nathaniel!!!

MK xxoo

Anonymous said...

I really don't get why Hathaway is being described as this incredibly beautiful and classy girl.

To me she looks like that girl-next-door who happens to study at Eugene Lang.

When you put on a dress like that there should be a sign over your head that says MOVIE STAR

There's no such sign over her head

When Kidman puts on a dress you instantly think FUCKING MOVIE STAR

Janice said...

Re: ludrakris: Well said.

I have yet to "get" all the excitement over Hathaway. She was cute in PD - a Disney film directed by Garry Marshall, for crying out loud, so I'm not sure that's such a great cinematic accomplishment. She was quite good with what little she was given to do in Nicholas Nickleby, but then again so was Ronan Saiorse. Of the four leads in Brokeback hers was the least impressive performance but again, it was the slightest role of the four (and the blond wigs kept distracting me.) She seems a nice girl, but there are plenty of nice girls everywhere, which does not make for a movie star. Maybe Rachel will let her show what she is really capable of, because I'm still waiting to be bowled over by her.

The thing is, I can't get the "hype" about her that generated through the magazines and media, as if she were simply A-MAZE-ING.