Thursday, October 09, 2008

Amy Adams is a Tease

This new delicious photo in Vanity Fair has the actress all sexed-up & Hayworthized. Yet the article is all about her innocent screen persona.


But we'll forgive the dichotomy. Who among us can resist her?

I love this quote from Emily Blunt on Amy landing the young näive nun role in the Oscar hopeful Doubt.
Amy was by far the best person for that part. She has a glow of innocence that isn’t naïve, just positive and determined. That, and I wanted to see those eyes peeping out from underneath a nun’s headgear.
Heh. Maybe Emily herself should have had a cameo as ...a flibbertijibbet, a will-o'-the wisp, a clown! You know there's one in every convent.
*

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can.
I also feel you're stretching the word "young" beyond what it can reasonably be expected to handle.

NATHANIEL R said...

hey, they cast her not me.

NATHANIEL R said...

but point taken. i realized i used the word "young" twice and that is stretching...

Sally Belle said...

I thought her a bit too old for the role of the "young" nun.

She has a youthful face, yes, but I can still see the maturity and experience in it.

Also, as much as I love Amy...she doesn't convince as Rita Hayworth. Nor should she have too.

Anonymous said...

I don't mean to be one of those "nothing can ever compare to the greatness of the Golden Age of Hollywood" kind of people, but Hayworth herself said:

"I think all women have a certain elegance about them which is destroyed when they take off their clothes."

So Amy looks beautiful, but that picture doesn't have the class of Hayworth. Maybe if she looked like she was wearing a top on there could be potential. . .

Anonymous said...

Yum.

James Hansen said...

I am in love with Amy Adams. LOVE. She should be in every movie ever. I hope she keeps choosing her roles wisely...

Glenn Dunks said...

I hope to god Emily Blunt never ever dresses up as a clown. I may just have to hate her for all eternity if she does. (I'm frightened of clowns.)

NATHANIEL R said...

well i didn't mean the clowns literally. I was referencing

Emma said...

My girl Emmy Blunt bigging up my other girl, Amy Adams. I think I just died and went to heaven.

Anonymous said...

Ditto what James Hansen said.
I LOVE Amy Adams!!!