Friday, October 03, 2008

Planet of the Links

Awards Daily Clint Eastwood named "Director of the Year" You're forgiven if you suddenly forget which year it is. Happens all the time.
Gawker New York magazine's unflattering celebrity portraits
Stale Popcorn 'black and white friday' with Birth
<---
Brittanica's top ten of 1968 concludes today with #1. It's not Rosemary's Baby or Planet of the Apes. Baby is my favorite of '68 but I haven't seen Planet of the Apes since I was a kid. Both are sitting on my TV in light of this series but time is always running out. I wish this countdown had been more exciting, though. I had planned to comment a lot but it was basically just the movie trailers and a few sentences on each film.
These Boots Are Made for Stalking check out the legendary names who attended the AFI Night at the Movies... including The Bening and Mr. Bening. More pictures at Just Jared too.
Webster's is My Bitch defines "Gloater" with The Clooney. (hee)
Go Fug Yourself "Fug or Fab?" on Self's Renée Z cover

1 comment:

John T said...

It's gotta be 2001-I mean, it's the most glaring omission thusfar, and would be Number 2 (though, as I'd put Once Upon in the Top 3 of the decade, it would be at my No. 1).