Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Stuck In A Hall Of Mirrors With Catherine Deneuve

.

JA from MNPP here again. I can't decide if finding one's self in the situation the title of this post describes would be a blessing or a curse. Would the extreme level of beauty one would encounter by seeing Catherine Deneuve's face reflected all around you drive one to bliss or to madness? Or would the former simply presage the latter? I feel as if I would see my own reflection besides Deneuve's and realize how unfortunate I am to have ever thought anyone would want to look at me when there is someone like her to be looked at. Ya know?

Anyway, a happy 65th birthday to Cathy and stuff. I think I'll go home, lock myself inside, let a rabbit's flayed body rot beside me, and stab the first person to come a'knockin' all in her honor. How about y'all?
.

3 comments:

Thombeau said...

In honor of Catherine the Great, I will find some way to get Susan Sarandon in the sack. Something I would not ordinarily do.

Anonymous said...

It's sad in a number of ways that Deneuve's sister, Francoise Dorleac, also an actress (the parents were actors as well) died in her 20s. Then we would have seen a more individual beauty in Catherine, seeing how she was different from her sister, not just being overwhelmed by the total picture of loveliness she presents.

Are they both in The Young Girls of Rochefort? I haven't seen that one yet.

Thombeau said...

Oui, they are both in it. See it immediately!