Monday, October 13, 2008

"Meanwhile..."

While I work on some articles, please solve these recent off-screen mysteries in the comments:

  • <-- How long do you suppose "Sophie and Sky" stayed together after that wedding ceremony wrapped in Mamma Mia! and what scenic destinations did they hit before the split?
  • What happened to The Joker after Batman ran off in The Dark Knight ?
  • How long did it take Carrie Bradshaw to fill that cavernous lighted walk in closet in Sex & The City?
  • What was Maria Elena (Penélope Cruz) doing during the first half of Vicky Cristina Barcelona (which I've come to think of as Maria Elena Barcelona --haven't you)? Maybe she told us and I've forgotten but, even so, would you trust her with any recap of events?

11 comments:

Fox said...

1. 8 months. After the sex (they were waiting, right?) the honeymoon was over. This is why you should be against pre-marital sex. You have to test each other out before committing, y'know.

2. Duh! He went to Mary-Kate's apartment, did some drugs, and well...

3. N/A

4. I peg her as someone like Juliette Binoche in Lovers on the Bridge? Mental, but still sexy.

Anonymous said...

Sophie and Sky clearly had far too much love laid on them to ever break up. Though there was that SOS moment when Sophie heard Fernando playing drums, and she almost took a chance on him instead...

Rob

NATHANIEL R said...

"mental, but still sexy"

as if the former ever inhibited rather than jacked up the latter ;)

Fox said...

That's true Nathaniel. So true. It's been the downfall of my lovelife, actually. (Stressing "love" there...) I always let the crazy ones in.

Anonymous said...

Do you mean the end where the Joker is hanging upside down from the ledge? Weren't the cops behind Batman then before he went off to save his son from Two-Face? I'd guess the Joker is either in jail or at Arkham.

I remember Juan Antonio rescuing Maria from a suicide attempt when Cruz first appears. I don't remember them giving us more than she was at the hospital and hurt herself.

Katey said...

I hope Maria Elena's exploits are somehow included in a sequel that stars only her and Javier.

Trey said...

Hadn't ME taken up with some sort of professional in Madrid? Is that just the drugs talking again?

NATHANIEL R said...

katey let's put in executive producer money to make that happen!

Fox said...

OOPS... I just re-read my comment and realized I said you should be AGAINST pre-marital sex. I meant you should be FOR pre-marital sex.... phew... sorry 'bout that.

NATHANIEL R said...

It's too late now Fox. I'm sure that within that 4 hour window someone turned their bf/gf down for a hot quickie and shattered the relationship irrevocably.

thanks a lot man.

Glenn Dunks said...

I wouldn't know about Maria Elena Barcelona considering it's now out here for another two and a half months.