Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Ah, Marketing...

15 of my favorite movie posters from 2008...


Better late than never being the message here.

I suppose I should have awards for trailers (Hint: the teasers would always win. They don't give the game away) but for now you'll have to make do with the very late in posting awards for Best Movie Poster and Best Tagline. They're the only two FB Awards that directly address marketing which is basically the be all / end all of the film experience (the general film experience not The Film Experience where you're at right now) for most citizens of the world. I shudder every time I hear statistics on how few movies people actually goes to see. Shudder! Brrrrrr. Shiver. Etcetera.
*

9 comments:

Jorge Rodrigues said...

And I don't even think those TDK posters are the best...

For me...

http://www.firstshowing.net/img/tdk-int-poster-trip-med.jpg
(Each of the 3 main characters holding sth)

http://gamezmaster.co.uk/resources/the-dark-knight-poster-1.jpg
(Batman watching Gotham from his penthouse)

And my personal favourite...

Joker cards form a Batman :)
http://100grana.files.wordpress.com/2008/07/stupidbats_100grana.jpg

But yeah, for my top 5 I'd choose these 3 plus The Wrestler and THIS
W. poster...

http://media.movieweb.com/galleries/5898/posters/poster1.jpg

I love this tagline... «Get ready»

Anonymous said...

Get carried away!

Yay!!!

Glenn said...

The best for me were:

10. Wall-E (old fashioned yellow design)

9. The Strangers

8. In Bruges

7. The Black Waters of Echo's Pond

6. The Wackness (cassette tape poster)

5. The House Bunny

4. The Dark Knight

3. Goliath

2. Dear Zachery: A Letter to a Son About His Father

1. Funny Games.

definitely.

Jorge Rodrigues said...

Uh that's right Glenn I forgot the poster from Funny Games...

PIPER said...

Disney did a series of those Wall-E posters. I looked into buying one of them but they were around $160. I love it, but not that much.

On the other hand, my birthday is coming up this weekend.

Wink, wink.

Kurtis O said...

Smashing! I've been waiting for this portion of the FB Awards. Nice choices. Please take a gander at my poster picks and drop a little feedback if the mood strikes you: http://yourmoviebuddy.blogspot.com/2008/11/labels-and-love.html

Glendon said...

I love the Let The Right One in set, I prefer the one where you can see Eli's face. The clash between an innocent looking girl and a mouth dripping blood is creeeeepy.

Anonymous said...

The Funny Games poster renders the film unnecessary it's so brilliant. Not that I've seen the film - I'm not the biggest fan of the original.

Anonymous said...

Hey, just want to say hi. I'm new here.