Friday, February 13, 2009

Steaming Hot

Too darn hot. They're having a heatwave. Et cetera.

I meant to toss this out on Wednesday but here are my choices for sexiest of the year. Yes, I'm back to the FB Awards. Gotta wrap these up. Medalists in every category have to be announced a week from today!

I decided to give Daniel Craig a vacation this year (no blue speedo. no nomination!) even though he's already a double medalist in this category. Who I really wanted to include was Haaz Sleiman from The Visitor. That was a good film but while we're wading into shallow waters, wouldn't it have been a better film if he had drummed in his underwear in every scene. Haaz doesn't make the nominee shortlist because carnality seemed to be the last thing on his mind in the film (legal troubles will kill the sex drive). The choices might seem a bit more obvious than in past years, but sometimes obviousness hits the spot.

Read on...
Strip with Marisa Tomei. Kill for Angelina Jolie. Put your fists up for Hugh Jackman.
*

8 comments:

Murtada said...

Yes for the Haaz shoutout. The man is hot, hot , hot. Not to mention he gave a brilliant performance. Gets my vote for supporting actor of the year.

Kurtis O said...

Glad to see the Haaz recognition, but no Asia Argento in "The Last Mistress?"

Dame James said...

I love the semi-finalist mention for Grégoire Leprince-Ringuet since he's a major cutie, but when you think of oozing sexuality in that movie, doesn't your mind automatically turn to Louis Garrel?

Anonymous said...

nat i was wondering what you though of haaz sleiman in the visitor my pick as best supp actor also for 2008,no mention o nyour awards for him except sexpot - SHAME!!!! he was so much more than eye candy in that film

adam k. said...

James Franco is sooo yummy in Milk. I wanted to take him home with me.

Also, I just noticed that you nominated Were the World Mine for best song score. I just saw that the other day at my school cinema, and was under the impression that it'd just been released this year and I was among the first to see it. Never mind. D'oh. Obviously not, since I don't live in NYC.

The songs were great, though. I'd actually vote for them to win in that lineup of yours, as none of the other nominees had music that I found particularly memorable. I'm sure you'll go for RGM, though.

Sadly, the songs were the only great thing about a highly uneven and often cliché film. I enjoyed watching it, but I can't honestly say it was good. C+ hits the nail on the head.

Anonymous said...

Haaz was great in The Visitor, both performance- and looks-wise. The underwear scene was hottttttt. I'd love to see more of him (performance- and skin-wise :wink: ) in the future.

Anonymous said...

What about that Spanish guy from "Savage Grace"? Jake, I think. I've never seen anyone look so sexy while smoking.

Eric Henderson said...

Hated, hated, hated The Visitor, but even I had to sit up and take notice when Haaz Sleiman started playing the drum.