Friday, February 20, 2009

More Links Than You Can Click On

Off Oscar (it's so rare this time of year! But my brain is wandering)
All Things Fangirl worries about the soon to open Watchmen adaptation
Funny or Die have you seen their Wrestler parody? It's kind of clever but it actually made me sad so I'm thinking... not funny. That said I think Alyssa Milano does a great Marisa Tomei. Who knew?
BlogStage Spider-Man: the Musical. More on the Broadway casting
Popnography is starting a series looking at gay superheroes
How to Learn Swedish in 1000 Difficult Lessons "Strollers" this has nothing to do with movies but it cracked me up.
You Are So Famous ObaMadonna
MNPP on the Watchmen / blue penis issue. Clearly the answer to this question is not Crudup, the public or the agent. It's Zach Snyder.


All Oscar All The Time
The Guardian has a great interactive chart on Oscar win statistics. So fun. My favorite part is the hair chart. Did you know that Oscar prefers their women brunettes. I certainly didn't. Though it was clear that they hate men with long hair so if Mickey Rourke wins Sunday he'll be only the second long haired Best Actor winner!
Boy Culture Hugh Jackman in L'uomo Vogue
Just Jared Hugh's Oscar rehearsal

The Envelope the mysteries inside the Kodak. What is the show going to be like? No one seems to know but to get people talking is the multi-year plan apparently
The Wrap Audiences still love awards shows ... online, that is.


Who will be liveblogging the Oscars?
I'll be doing the Indie Spirit duties tomorrow and I'll pop in a couple of times Sunday night but I'm not live blogging the Oscars per se. If you know of people who are, point us to them.

Just Because
Help me continue to pretend that Bruce Springsteen is taking home his second gold man on Sunday.

He's not nominated but denial is fun. Try it!

Final Oscar Predictions (Elsewhere)
In case you can't get enough. You can't, can you, sicko?
Coming Soon sees only 5 prizes for Slumdog. I'd certainly be happier with that than my predicted 9. And foreign film to Departures. Hmmm, could be
The Vulture Nate Silver (Mr. Statistics), having conquered electoral maps completely, now tries AMPAS. If you saw him on Keith Ulbermann you'll know that he blames "the computer" for his Taraji P Henson for Supporting Actress prediction. But he admits there's very very little data. Thanks, Kate!
Week in Rewind thinks Viola's trump Penélope's gee-nee-us
NY Post Lumenick thinks it's two repeaters for lead acting: Penn & Streep
NY Times David Carr suspects it's The Dark Knight in both sound categories. I hope it's WALL•E personally but either would be a-ok.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nooo!!! You're not doing the live blogging. :( Please tell us you're still doing the split screen madness and all the other great stuff. It's the only thing that will keep me sane...i just wish they'd give it to Slumdog and be done with it. This dull season has left me feeling weary.

Anonymous said...

The "Slumgdog" kids are going to be at the Oscars. Yay! I am so happy for them. Whether you like the movie or not, it certainly is moving to see these kids actually get a chance to be at the Oscars. I mean, there life for all said purposes is probably be going to be very bleak and filled with hardship unimaginable to those in the U.S.

NATHANIEL R said...

john i will still do everything i can. but i can't do the full on live blogging. I'm spent and I'm hosting a party.

Ed Howard said...

I know that Jason Bellamy is going to be live-blogging the Oscars.

Anonymous said...

That 'Uncler' made me really sad... I'm such a wuss. I mean, it *was* funny, but it was too good.

Agustin said...

I googled it but i think nobody noticed yet.
If Slumdog wins, it will be the first movie in all of oscar history NOT shot in Kodak negative film.
Slumdog is shot with Fuji and it has lots of digital too.
Just thought somebody would be interested.
I noticed because on Kodaks brochures they always flaunt on this fact. Not anymore!! haha
although hopefully Milk wins, but we all know it's not gonna happen

Ali Arikan said...

Nathaniel - I've sent you a mail, but I might as well put up a link here, too.

I'm liveblogging it as well - third year in a row.

I feel like I should go to bed now to get up three in the morning on Monday. I already feel groggy.

Trey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Trey said...

The AV Club will also be liveblogging the Oscars (and because I don't know how to do that fancy linkin' business - http://tinyurl.com/agz7oh)

Anonymous said...

Nicholas D’Agosto and Eric Christian Olsen. Remember these names, my fervent sistren, for you will not get into cinematic heaven without such knowledge. They are leads in Fired Up, playing Shawn and Nick, respectively. They portray — inhabit — the fast-talking charm bracelets of the Panther football team. One is QB.

Janice said...

That has got to be the best acting Alyssa Milano's ever done - maybe there's more to her talent than I realized?