Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Mea Linka

In Contention Tapley looks at all of the Oscar nominated documentary shorts
Your Movie Buddy this isn't a link to a specific post but this blog by TFE reader Kurtis O is pretty funny -- I particularly got a kick out of the reimagining of The Reader poster and the Price is Right riff for Meryl Streep that I hadn't seen. Hee
Victim of the Time doesn't much cotton to this Doubt picture and fully explains why
Slant on Oscar's best actress race


Off Oscar
The Bad and Ugly Ummmm. Is the new Transformers character supposed to kill people with its giant angry drillbit penis? This is a toy? 'You know, for kids' (?)
The Big Picture Christian Bale's official apology "...make fun of me. I deserve it completely."
Hugo Stiglitz Makes Movies a long piece on the evolution of noir (Chinatown, A Touch of Evil, Blade Runner, Blue Velvet and more...)
Rob Licuria's 15th annual Awards and Radio Allegro's second annual
Antagony & Ecstasy flips for Henry Selick's Coraline.
The Hot Blog an interview with Jonathan Demme and Jenny Lumet of Rachel Getting Married magnificence.
*

7 comments:

Deborah said...

That's an awesome apology. I mean, in the realm of apologies, that one rocked.

Kurtis O said...

Hey! I'm quite flattered by the linkage. Many thanks, Nathaniel.

Dave said...

Haha, "fully". I rather went off on one, didn't I? (Much thanks for the linkage.)

Anonymous said...

The Slant article was a bit obvious, I don't think The Reader is Winslet's worst-nominated performance, I think that honour belongs to her 01 nomination.

Anonymous said...

I've been reading your guys' site for a while now, and I thought you might like to check out a comedic piece I just wrote. It's called "Scenes from 'The Terrific Tale of Joseph Zipperpin' the Academy Award-winning, Best Film of Ever". It basically lampoons this years Best Picture nominees.

I hope you check it out: http://www.theunlimitedfreedomcastle.com

NATHANIEL R said...

wayne... i'd give that honor to her Titanic role myself. even though i love titanic.

Anonymous said...

Nathaniel, i see what you're saying on the Titanic role, the "JACK!, JACK!" wears me down a bit now but back then 'twas a magical time: Titanic was the first time saw Winslet on the big screen, only saw her on VHS previously. *ooh* that red hair, those lips, the dresses!! if i was fan before, Titanic made me Winslet's acolyte