Thursday, February 26, 2009

Oh That I Could "Montage"

If I could borrow a power from the movies it wouldn't be flying or super strength or telekinesis or anything typically "super". It would be a "montage" power wherein I could speed up time and shed all extraneous details of life in order to: learn a complicated new skill that takes years to master, get to know someone intimately with zero effort, money or tears, or get in great physical shape with a bare minimum of sweating. In the movies --especially 80s movies or chick flicks -- you can do these things within two to three minutes as a pop song plays. Accomplishment in real life takes way longer.

Yesterday I went to the gym for the first time in months (I suck) and I worked out for the lengths of several pop songs. Nothing sped up in my life. I look exactly the same. Nothing changed other than that I'm stiff and sore today.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

It would be great to be able to try on a thousand hundred hats under two minutes...
And there's always time for a movie! I miss The sweetest thing's Cameron...

par3182 said...

gym? montage? power ballad..?

you're not ready
for the world outside
you keep pretending,
but you just can't hide
i know i said that i'd
be standing by your side
but i...

Alex Constantin said...

nothing changing in not exactly for the worst.

but what I coincidence. I was just about to jump on my bike (I don't know the english word for it: the one that doesn't have wheels) and watch American Idol while sweating.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

"Yesterday I went to the gym for the first time in months (I suck) and I worked out for the lengths of several pop songs."

Are you preparing some Nine numbers or "Mamma Mia 2" for this year? ;)

Cinesnatch said...

Rome wasn't built in a day!

NATHANIEL R said...

true but it COULD HAVE BEEN had they harnessed the power of the montage!

Cinesnatch said...

HAHA!

NATHANIEL R said...

Faux... I wish! Though should I ever deign to do a vodcast I'd like to be as pleasing to the eye as possible in my aging barely mobile sunshine free current state as a shut in writer.

Anonymous said...

If I had the power of the "Montage" I would use it to watch any and every movie I've ever wanted to. Being able to watch all of Garbo's ouevre in the span of one song? what a dream!
btw, Nathaniel kudos on the working out! I think you'll start to feel really good about it if you keep trying

Anonymous said...

That's so funny! I also went to the gym last night for the first time in months and still look the same!

(Seriously)

NATHANIEL R said...

wayne b. DAY TWO! so far so good ha ha