Friday, March 31, 2006

No. My First Name Ain't Baby. It's Janis. Miss Joplin if You're Nasty.

PopBytes has a wee report up that Britney Spears (yes, that one) wants to play Janis Joplin in a biopic. Ewww. But I personally don't think this biopic is ever going to get made. How many years have we been hearing about this biopic? How many leads has it gone through now? Let's see... Melissa Etheridge. Brittany Murphy (Seriously though, there's supposedly an insanely good audition tape of Brittany Murphy tearing it up as Janis floating around Hollywood) . Renée Zellweger Yuck. Pink. This is like Alexander the Great. Nobody is ever going to make a biopic about him. I don't care how many competing -- I --huh? I'm trying to write here. Stop interrupting me. What's that...?

9 comments:

J.J. said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
J.J. said...

The Joplin biopic will come. I interviewed Penelope Spheeris last June, and while she was jaded about the 15-year struggle to get it made, the frustration has only emboldened her. This is a story she *really* wants to tell.

Glenn Dunks said...

I always thought The Rose was a Janis biopic. I suppose I was wrong.

Ramification said...

Brittany Murphy sings on Paul Oakenfold's new track 'Faster Kill Pussycat' and she has a surprsingly great singing voice.

adam k. said...

I actually think Renee woulda been kinda good... it seemed ridiculous at first, but then I could sorta picture it. Renee in cracked out Ruby Thewes mode meets singing Chicago mode would've just about worked... I'm not kidding... maybe she'll sign on again now?

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited for your Early Oscar 2006 Previsions!
I wanna know it!!!! Alèèèèèèèè!!

D.

Anonymous said...

Sue me and I'm not a fan, but Zelwegger would be the best of the crop for this project. She looks like Joplin and her voice oddly enough has the same timbre.

Anonymous said...

I love Janis Joplin and if Renee stars as Janis I will hate her more then Nathaniel..

Anonymous said...

I personally wouldn't mind seeing Nikka Costa as Janis

But Renee would also be a great choice