Monday, June 02, 2008
This is Nathanial's first visit to the World of the Walt and as a seasoned veteran, I think it only natch that I provide him with a check list of things to see, do and collect whilst at the Happiest Place On Earth. Okay, here we go.
1. Bring money and lots of it. Believe it or not, happiness doesn't come cheap. Tinker Bell Balloons, Pirate Swords and Turkey Legs as big as your thigh cost a pretty penny. I'm waiting for the day that Mickey et. all start charging for autographs.
2. You just have to ride Peter Pan. And when I say that, I'm of course referring to the actual ride.
3. Star Tours at MGM Studios never gets old.
4. Plan to watch a parade at one of the parks. And don't be afraid to sing along.
5. While swimming at your resort, go underwater for a spell and notice they play music.
6. Pirates Of The Caribbean and The Haunted Mansion deserve multiple visits. I find new details every time, and I've ridden them dozens of times.
7. Get to the Magic Kingdom early for the opening of the park. You won't be disappointed.
8. Pecos Bill Cafe right next to Splash Mountain makes a pretty damn good cheeseburger.
9. Pack a couple extra pair of poo poo undies for rides such as Rock N Roll Rollercoaster, Mission: Space, Tower Of Terror and Everest. They're not all terrifying but I sometimes crap myself a bit when riding them.
10. Fast Pass is always a good idea. Always.
11. Indulge in Mickey Mouse Rice Crispy Ears. At least once.
12. Finally, there's no better way to commemorate your first or tenth trip than with a pair of mouse ears. Don't go frilly here because they offer lots of different types of ears (with lights and shit). Once you've purchased your ears, visit the hat shop at the front of Main Street, USA and have your name stitched into it. Nathanial might get a bit cumbersome, so Nat might be a good choice here.
Of course, there are lots of other things I haven't mentioned for fear that I just might end up giving away too many spoilers. Feel free to add your own stuff in the comments.
Happy trails Nat. We may end up crossing paths at the Tea Cups, you never know. And don't forget to look for magic. It's around every corner.