Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Guess the Ensemble

I have no idea how hard this game will be... but have at it in the comments (and no cheating by looking up the names on the IMDB)

Can you name the movies from their cast lists?
The movies range from the mid 70s to the mid 00s.


The correct answers (highlight to see)
1. The Right Stuff (Philip Kaufman, 1983) --I love that movie --guessed by... c.p. iñor
2. Car Wash (Michael Schultz, 1976) - guessed by... FDot
3. Nickelodeon (Peter Bogdanovich, 1976) - guessed by sammyjo
4. 1941 (Steven Spielberg, 1979) guessed by... cinemadventurer



5. Full Metal Jacket (Stanley Kubrick, 1987) guessed by c.p. iñor
6. The Golden Bowl (James Ivory, 2000) guessed by vinci
7. Calendar Girls (Nigel Cole, 2003) guessed by notluke
8. Town & Country (Peter Chesolm, 2001) guessed by notluke

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

#7 - Calendar Girls?
#8 - Town & Country?

I know I could confirm if I am right at IMDB, but then I just know I'd cheat on all the others...

c.p. iñor said...

#1 is THE RIGHT STUFF

Anonymous said...

Well, the 3 I knew have already been taken, LOL.

cinema adventures said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
c.p. iñor said...

I think #5 is FULL METAL JACKET and #6 i can´t remember the name... but I think it was an Ivory film...

Ben said...

#3 is Paper Moon?

cinema adventures said...

#4 - 1941

Anonymous said...

#1 is The Right Stuff, #4 is 1941, #5 is Full Metal Jacket

Oh...Okay, so someone already said those...

Anonymous said...

Also, #3 I think is another Bogdanovich movie...not Paper Moon..but I think it is called Nickelodeon

FDot said...

#2 is Car Wash

#3 is some Peter Bogdanovitch film I can't remember the name of right now.

Anonymous said...

#6 The Golden Bowl

Cinesnatch said...

1.
2.
3.
4.Blues Brothers
5.Full Metal Jacket
6.The Golden Bowl
7.Calendar Girls
8.Town & Country

Anonymous said...

1941,paper moon,town and country,calendar girls,the golden bowl,the right stuff,car wash,full metal jacket

Glenn Dunks said...

Have you seen Town & Country? I imagine you have not because why would anybody who has want to be reminded of anything to do with that awful movie...

Chris Na Taraja said...

1. The Right Stuff
2. I don't know, some documentary about freebasing?
3. They want us to say Paper Moon, but I don't think John Ritter was in that.
4. They are trying to trick us into guessing Blues Brothers, but why would Ned Betty get 2nd billing?
5. This game is Hard! It's not Married to the Mob, and how many Baldwins are there?!
6. Uma was with Jamie Foxx in The Truth about Cats and Dogs, but with James Fox in the Golden Bowl. This almost tricked me.
7.Calendar girls
8.Damn, Jenna Elfman did only one movie, what was it...Town and Country.