Monday, June 23, 2008

"Someone's Getting Married!"

In a surprise move, superstars Miss Piggy and Kermit the Frog were finally married yesterday, on stage on Broadway at the opening night of The Frog's latest creation, Manhattan Melodies. A real preacher stepped in to officiate for Gonzo, who was expected to play the role of "minister". The spectacular wedding featured a chorus of singing penguins, bears, chickens, dogs, rats, eagles, frogs, pigs and various unidentifiable species.

The bride wore a white lace dress with thirty-foot train, purple lace gloves and a bejeweled bridal veil. She carried a bouquet of pink and white roses.

After the ceremony the couple were immediately whisked away to what appeared to be a honeymoon on the moon itself. Miss Piggy and Kermit the Frog plan to continue working in show business.

Speculation as to whether the leading couple will renew their vows at each performance continues. Official spokesanimals for
Manhattan Melodies were unavailable for comment.


This news clipping, in pristine condition, originally appearing in the New York Sun (circa 1984), is on loan to The Film Experience from Miss Piggy's vast personal collection of Miss Piggy memorabilia. We are doing our utmost to return it to her with nary a scratch, tear or stain upon it.

5 comments:

J.D. said...

SQUEE.

Catherine said...

Hey, it's mup-tials. Badadum.

whitney said...

"Good Lord, not jogging!"

Miss Piggy is my number one inspiration. I think I'll look further into this clipping and model my wedding after hers.

-Whitney
dearjesus.wordpress.com

Anonymous said...

Awww, such happy news! I'm scheduled to be a bride this year and I can always take comfort in the fact that I'll probably look better than Miss Piggy. No offense to Miss Piggy, but she's kind of a....pig.

Anonymous said...

Awww... Nate, I'm such a newbie to your blog still that I hadn't seen this post.

You're fabulous, thank you for this blog, it makes me feel like I'm not as alone in the film geek room.