Sunday, June 08, 2008

Judy, Judy, Judy



Judy Garland's birthday is in a couple of days. I have no idea if other guest bloggers will put up something on her or if Nathanial will be blogging again by June 10th, but whatever the case, I'd like to put a little something in advance.


When people talk about Judy Garland there are all the things that one should talk about like the wonderful voice, the showmanship, the immense talent. But one thing I'd like to very quickly mention is one thing that gets too often overlooked, in my opinion at least: Judy Garland the beauty. I think Judy Garland was quite beautiful even though I know many men and women probably don't see it as I do. I think she had one of the most interesting and expressive faces I've ever seen, and one of the prettiest. And yeah, she had great legs too. Here are some pics that I love of Judy, for your viewing pleasure.






9 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, yes. Judy Garland was very beautiful. It's just that Hollywood as well as the public, were and are altogether unforgiving.

Greg said...

They often are with celebrities. Judy would have only been 86 on the 10th, still able to regail us with stories of the golden days.

Anonymous said...

im frustrated the oscar predictions have not been update. judy garland was quite a tragic figure. i read that katharine hepburn once told her to get her act together - that she was probably the most talented performer / actor in hollywood.

Greg said...

Jimmy - The Oscar predictions are Nathanial's gig so I can't butt in there.

I think that all around, it's not a stretch at all to say Garland was the most talented in all of Hollywood. She could act, dance a little and sing like hell.

Kamila said...

Judy Garland was unique in her looks and, especially, her talent!

Anonymous said...

Judy was one of the greatest talents Hollywood has ever had. Too bad she had such a studio trained life and had so little discipline. It truly was a waste of a wonderful talent.

Greg said...

Kamila - I agree, she was unique in her looks. Maybe that's why she stands out for me.

Greg said...

Rick - In many ways the studios really did screw her over. It's too bad.

Glenn said...

That last picture looks like Debi Mazer.