Monday, June 30, 2008

Who's Your Daddy, Amanda?

Amanda Seyfried has no manners. Amanda Seyfried doesn't even say "please". Entitled much? Young Hollywood power players have no manners. It's all Gimme! Gimme! Gimme!




While watching the video above I couldn't help but think through Amanda's movie dilemma. Amanda has three daddys!

Who's your daddy?



If you had that problem...


Choose carefully. These are not interchangeable men.

P.S. 1 I entered this Mamma Mia! contest last week. I've always wanted to go on a cruise. The gods of blogging should just deliver this win unto me. They should. You know I would repay them by blogging from the ocean inbetween margaritas, lame cabaret shows and shuffling. The cruise goes from London to Vicky Christina Barcelona and you know I'd find the appropriate movies to write about. Oh please deliver this win unto me. I'm saying three Hail Mary Pickfords. I'm not Catholic but that's what you do, right?

P.S. 2 Mamma Mia! opens in three weeks. I'll be on that cruise in ten if the gods of blogging are kind.


P.S. 2 No write in votes for Dominic Cooper please. Padded swim trunks aside, he's Amanda's eventual babydaddy --not the daddy.

P.S. 3 Come here more often people. Subscribe!


17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wait...how can she be singing this song? She's dead! (A little Veronica Mars reference for those who watched that sorely missed show)

Robert said...

Wow, I never thought Stellan would be leading. Anyone else feel just horrible that he doesn't get billed in the trailer? I know he doesn't really have the name recognition of the others but perhaps that's because he never gets billed in any friggin' trailers.

Cengiz said...

Can I choose all three? I can deligate time tables for them: Pirce on Monday and Tuesday, Colin on Wednesday and Thursday, and Stellen on Friday and Saturday, which would leave Sunday to rest (On Dominic)

NATHANIEL R said...

What is this, Cenzig, BIG LOVE? You can't just jump from big screen to small screen just cuz Amanda does you cheater! ;)

Anonymous said...

Darcy all the way!!! ;o)

Anonymous said...

i just don't fancy this film,i like meryl but it seems a bit lame to me.

Anonymous said...

I'm going next wednesday night
(7/9). I'm iffy about it. I never wanted to see the live show - I mean, for Christ sake - ABBA music! augh.

I saw "Jersey Boys" 2 weeks ago in NY....is there any chat about that being a movie? I would LOVE that. Great great show.

Anonymous said...

Anyone else feel just horrible that he doesn't get billed in the trailer?

Yeah, me. And name recognition or not, I can't get my head around it. Doesn't they realize how lame they make the trailer by hinting at three daddies but name-checking only two of them? I mean, even the non-film-buffs in the audience can count to 3...

Anonymous said...

Um. Doesn't-->Don't. Sorry.

Anonymous said...

Pierce Brosnan, though it was a hard choice. Colin Firth was my first love at age 12.

robert, I am listening to "Mamma Mia" right now, and your icon is dancing along. I swear I am not intoxicated.

J.D. said...

I've been listening to "Gimme Gimme Gimme" on an unrelenting continuous loop for the past week.

UGH.

whitney said...

Something you should know about Mama Mia:

At the Pride parade in SF this week there was a big Mama Mia float with, like, ten or twelve men in bikini bottoms bumpin' and grindin' on whatever can be bumped and ground on.

I don't know how you feel about your cruise now. That would make me want to go about 102 times more.

-Whitney
dearjesus.wordpress.com

Anonymous said...

Colin Firth looks like Linda Lavin (TeeVee's "Alice") in that photo!

NATHANIEL R said...

hee.

yeah, i don't really "get" colin firth. but i'm surprised how even the polling is thus far.

Brionity said...

Thanks you Owen! Fuckin Loved Veronica Mars. Trying not to buy the whole series on DVD.

NATHANIEL R said...

how are the additional seasons of Veronica Mars? I stopped with season 1.

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed season two and three of Veronica Mars (tonally they were quite interesting, I thought), but most fans felt they faltered. If I recall, Nathaniel, you weren't all that impressed with the series, so I don't think you would've loved the following seasons (but you likely would've been less disappointed).

I still love them.