Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Pedro Watch #4

This is my final Almodovar round up from around the web --too many other things vying for my attention at the moment. But I hope my fellow Pedro nuts enjoy.

<---Eugene on P&P @ TIFF. (from whom I stole this pic)
Bajo la tierra "I was made for melodrama"
Luxerina Penelope Cruz's ass.
Indiewire @ TIFF with Almodovar
The Envelope Volver & Oscar?

And more Volver reviews from The Cutting Room (full length) "A-", As Little As Possible (capsule) "good but not great" and Deep Focus (full length) "really cozy and just a little overstuffed"

Previously on Pedro Watch Tags: Pedro Almodovar, movies, Spain, Volver, film

3 comments:

Yaseen Ali said...

I want Penelope to be nominated for Best Actress so badly it hurts. Nods for Lola Dueñas and Carmen Maura would also be most lovely, but I'm not holding my breath. I really hope Tom O'Neil is on to something here, but he's usually way off-base.

I can't believe that this is Pedro's first time in Toronto. Penelope looks stunning in that photo (as always.)

Thanks for the shout-out Nathaniel, although the link takes you to another page (maybe that's the review you meant to attach anyways.)

NATHANIEL R said...

oops. sorry. fixing it now.

Ramification said...

Penelope is my new obsession, I love love loved her in Volver!