Thursday, March 18, 2010

Sorry I Cannot Link You, I'm Kinda Busy. Ki-Kinda Busy. Ki-Kinda Busy

Guardian Hugh Jackman dancing for Lipton Iced Tea. I love it
/Film Abbie Cornish's next two projects (one for Madonna!)
Movie|Line on the Best Actress Curse. Win one, get divorced
My New Plaid Pants gets it right from the creator's mouth. Bryan Fuller of Pushing Daisies fame is now participating in the MNPP "ways not to die" series. Awesome
Allure Heidi Klum is ALWAYS pregnant on Project Runway. This is her just 3 months after giving birth for the umpteenth time. I suspect she's actually a mutant

Boy Culture Why did they remake Death at a Funeral anyway? I must agree with every word of this post
Deadline New York Tim Burton doing an 3D stop motion Addams Family movie? Hmmm. I'd rather see Wes Anderson take a crack at that personally, since Fantastic Mr Fox came out so fine. The gothic feel might stretch him a bit but he's already great with large family tableaus
The Critical Condition rejects our spoiler-filled culture. I agree. But unfortunately that preference means I hardly ever get to enjoy reviews any more (I can't read them unless I've seen the movie Too few reviewers care about telling you an entire plot even if they aren't doing "spoilers" per se) and I've had to drop some spoiler heavy sites from my reading list so I'm sometimes slow to read movie news
Blog Talk Radio (podcast) Kathryn Bigelow's Oscar win and an interview with Floria Sigismondi (The Runaways)

Finally, have you seen this bizarre but funny faux interview between Zach Galifianikis and Charlize Theron?

20 comments:

James T said...

Really creepy fake interview but I did laugh :p

David Coley said...

The one he does with Jon Hamm is also pretty good.

Blauriche said...

I hadn't realized that horrible looking Death at a Funeral remake was from Neil LaBute. He sort of handles homosexuality in an okay way in Bash: Latter Day Plays, which is mostly the only movie by LaBute I've liked mostly because of Calista Flockheart. Nonetheless, I have to say this is a great example of playing to ones weaknesses. This will almost certainly be worse than the Coen Bros. remake of The Ladykillers.

Anonymous said...

Wow. That interview was weird.

Iggy said...

Maybe the actresses don't consider it a curse and it's a blessing. Maybe that's why some want to win the Oscar so badly, to have the perfect occasion to dump that guy they've always wanted to dump but they couldn't find the right time.

The video was so funny!

(PS. I'm incredibly chatty, when I think of those people who say "I've been reading for long and this is my first commenting" I think to myself, why can't you be just like that?
Nathaniel ban me or I won't shut up)

Anonymous said...

i truly enjoy all your posting taste, very interesting,
don't quit and keep creating considering the fact that it simply well worth to read it.
looking forward to look into a lot more of your own content pieces, cheers :)

john said...

Next years best actress winner should just run out of the Kodak Theatre screaming when they announce her name.

NATHANIEL R said...

@John - lol. she should make sure she's single BEFORE the ceremony.

@Iggy -- obviously i like chatty people. When tehre are no comments i wonder why no one is talking. it freaks me out. cuz of the internet addiciton you know

@Ricky -- playing to one's weaknesses. haha. yes, indeed.

Ryan said...

re: best actress curse...

It really is becoming a pattern. Sigh. The winslet/ mendes spilt really does sting though

ZiZo said...

Hey, I called Bullock's split, 3 days ago, in Winslet/Mendes post.

NATHANIEL R said...

JOHN T -- i like the way you think.

Burning Reels said...

I wouldn't blame him (Gummer)!

Lucky said...

I have nothing against spoilers, but please people, warn us before revealing them! I've had too many movies spoiled, and by reliable sources as well. Sometimes critics talk about the plot of a movie without realising they're spoiling parts of it.
The IMDb discussion boards are filled with spoilers as well, even for movies that hasn't been released (I remember reading [SPOILER] "Who did Summer marry in the end?" as the title for a post in the (500) Days of Summer page (but that's my fault for reading the IMDb comments, I guess). And Awardsdaily spoilt the ending of An Education for me...

They're everywhere!

Ugh, sorry. But I so agree with what they say in the Critical Condition.

Agustin said...

Is is it just me that finds Zach Galifianikis incredibly sexy?

ClaudeMedwenitsch said...

No, me too!!!

whitney said...

That made me like Charlize Theron a lot more. I love Between Two Ferns!

Bryan said...

The curse thing hasn't held up for the whole decade, has it? Has Helen Mirren split? But still, you've got Winslet, Bullock (maybe), Witherspoon, Berry, Swank...

I hope Meryl wins another Oscar, anyway. I don't see her getting divorced if she were to win. Do people in their 60s even get divorced? (kidding, but you know what I mean)

ZiZo said...

Lucky: Well, Peter Sarsagard himself blew the ending for everybody in the Oscar ceremony.

/3rtfu11 said...

Kathy Bates won Best Actress in ’91–she divorced her husband in ’97. She hasn’t remarried.

Janice said...

I had to shut off the original version of DAAF when I brought it home on DVD. Why would anyone want to REMAKE a movie that bad to begin with?

I did notice on the poster for it at the theater the other day that the same actor plays the "midget" in both versions - the very talented Peter Dinklage, who was so good in The Station Agent and deserves better than this. (I wonder if Peter is the Meryl Streep of "vertically challenged actors" - just like they only cast her when they want a major female character above the age of 50?)