Monday, March 15, 2010

"She's so evil... and she's only in high school!"

JA from MNPP here. Do you ever have a moment in time where you can't seem to escape a specific actor or actress? Where, whatever you watch within a short span of time, there they are, popping up unexpectedly, over and over again, their face up in your face, everywhere, everywhere? I am having one of those moments.


Hi there, Judy Greer. How are you doing? Oh that's right, I know exactly how you're doing because you won't leave me alone! There you are on It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia as Fatty McGoo, there you are when I'm flipping through the channels, dancing the Thriller dance with Jennifer Garner, morphing into a really horrible CG werewolf hanging from the rafters with Christina Ricci, participating in an ill-advised drinking contest against Lucille Bluth.

And then today I see this headline over at Cinematical, finally breaking this camel's back: "Is Judy Greer Finally Getting Her Due?" Yes! Her due is gotten! It's gotten all over my face! Good gravy.

In all seriousness I love Judy Greer, and I hope she keeps haunting the edges of the frames of every single thing ever made for awhile. She's one of the great comedic supporting character actresses out there. She's just been cast in Alexander Payne's new film The Descendants opposite George Clooney - hence that Cinematical post - so I think it's a safe bet she'll be around for a bit.

What's your favorite Judy Greer role so far?
Mine might just have to be the immortal Fern/Vylette...
.

17 comments:

Jess K. said...

Although it's television, I love her as Judith's future sister-in-law on "Two and a Half Men". Charlie meets his match and again, nothing but trouble for Alan Harper is the result. Judy makes me smile too.

Paul Outlaw said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Paul Outlaw said...

If you love Judy, you need to be watching ARCHER! Best cartoon in years.

jbaker475 said...

Her recent guest stint on Modern Family was pretty funny too.

NATHANIEL R said...

it's so funny that you jsut wrote about her because i was just thinking last week on MODERN FAMILY.

JUDY GREER. She's everywhere! and never quite becomes famous.

BrianZ said...

I love Judy Greer so much. Would love nothing more than to see her get out of the "lead actress' best friend in rom-com" role.

Alex said...

I loved her in the little-seen THE TV SET.

ZiZo said...

She was on last weeks Modern Family episode, and she was SO FUNNY. I love her too.

Derreck said...

haha,when i read this, i thought about seeing (or rather, hearing) her on ARCHER and MODERN FAMILY last week.

My favorite role of hers is in the 'The Wedding Planner' (one of my favorite guilty pleasure movies).

Andrew said...

I LOVE Judy Greer - whenever she turns up on the screen, it brightens my day.

I'd say my favorite performance of hers is Kitty from Arrested Development.

"SAY GOODBYE TO THESE, BECAUSE IT'S THE LAST TIME..."

Anonymous said...

I've been thinking about this alot... it sure raises a few questions..
frokostordning

par3182 said...

hair down, glasses off...

Scott said...

How can one choose between Kitty and Fern/Vylette?

Beau said...

One of my good friends did V.O. work with her in L.A. a few years back. I'm thinking back about how many times I've ever heard her say anything bad about anyone, and can come up with maybe three.

And MAN, did she HATE Greer.

B to the 9 degrEE.

jc valencia said...

definitely, her turn in jawbreakers! but i also loved her in the short-lived, ashton-kutcher produced "miss guided"

richard said...

Kitty: Can we please have ONE conversation that isn't about my RACK?!

Mark Kaiserman said...

Even though she isn't Jewish, she simmered as the Jewish comedic love interest Esther Bloomenbergensteinenthal in The Hebrew Hammer