Friday, October 28, 2005

Halloween Countdown ...06

Top 10 Movies That Make ...well, you get the gist of this by now.


06. Kill Bill(2003)
So for the past three Halloweens I have wanted to be Uma Thurman. Long blond locks. The imitation Hattori Hanzo sword. A yellow jumpsuit. With blood stains. Asian friends rudely and reductively recruited to dress up as the Crazy 88s. They form my entourage and strut down the street with me. It's like one massive Sally Menke edited, Robert Richardson lensed, Quentin Tarantino directed dream sequence that's all about glorifying me. Me. Me. Me!

(This fantasy has been brought to you by the holiday Halloween, my inner drag queen, and my tireless enthusiasm for self-aggrandizement)

2 comments:

Javier Aldabalde said...

wow... i was writing about "kill bill" in the actor comment while you typed this. *that's* scary.

adam k. said...

I wanted to be Uma Thurman this Halloween! Yeah, the blonde wig, the sword, the jumpsuit, that's all I need. But it's hard to find. I also have mono right now, so it probably won't be happening. Maybe next year?

p.s. do you have any ideas as to where I might find the needed accessories? I really want to do the Uma Thurman thing one of these years.