Thursday, October 06, 2005

My Kate. My Self.

Nick encouraged us yesterday, on the blessed day of Kate Winslet's birth, to think of a way to be more like her and make it happen. I am sorry to report that no film crew showed up to help me create my own AmEx advertisement (I totally heard her on the 'don't need no more drama' front), and since the film crew didn't show up I couldn't marry the director or even the second unit guy which I thought would be a really 'above & beyond' way to meet the challenge. Alas, the best laid plans...



Still. I am not a complete failure for I am not entirely without Winsletisms. The great Kate and I do have four things in common: 1. We are in our 30s. 2. Neither of us have ever won an Oscar. 3. We each have three siblings. And... 4. We both had our first homosexual experience in 1994 --although hers was filmed for this masterpiece while mine was a less glitzy affair (and Peter Jackson was definitely not involved!)

8 comments:

adam k. said...

Nice mirror imaging/imagining, Nathaniel. I too like to fashion that I look a bit like Kate the Great, whether or not it's really true. I'm so excited to see where Kate's career goes next. She's so wonderful.

Anonymous said...

Like Kate, and for all of my talents, I find that I am unable to say the line: "...and all the while I feel like I'm standing in the middle of a room, screaming at the top of my lungs and NO-ONE looks up..." without looking embarrassed.

Rob

adam k. said...

OK, seriously, Nate, was that picture of you taken to purposely mirror the one of Kate? Or did you photoshop something, or what? That's uncanny.

Anonymous said...

number 4 was very funny!

(I love that AmEx ad for even mentioning Heavenly Creatures!)

-Glenn

NATHANIEL R said...

adam k -no, that photo is from '97 -sadly i am no longer quite so young and smooth. I just found the same pose in a kate gallery ;) and was like 'oh, good fortune!

rob -very funny.

NicksFlickPicks said...

The photo is hi.lar.i.ous.

Anonymous said...

Nat, just wanted to bow before you and thank you for making me watch "Heavenly Creatures". I cannot possibly express my love for this movie (BEST FILM OF THE 1990s NO DOUBT!!!)

Anonymous said...

Excellent, love it! »