Friday, October 28, 2005

Halloween Countdown...05

05. (Tie) Orlando (1992) and The Velvet Goldmine (1998)
oh, what the hell, let's just say--The Entire Filmography of Sandy Powell

Though I love almost nothing in the entertainment world as much as Oscar competitions, I'd be totally OK if they just cancelled the Costume Design category every year and just gave an Oscar annually to Sandy Powell for whatever she was making that year. Better yet, just let her costume every movie. Sure, that'd slow down production but I can't see all the movies that are made anyway. Think of my weary eyes, Hollywood! I really can't see them all.

If Sandy Powell and I were best friends, I would casually "borrow" whatever she had hanging in the wardrobe department annually on the morning of October 31st and I would have the best costume in existence for whatever I was attending that evening. Every single year Halloween would be even more fun that it already is if Sandy Powell were my best friend.

If you're not already frightened, you can read more about my love for Sandy Powell and see a lot of beautiful photos of her work here. And to prove that I'm not alone in my idolatry, you can read another ode to Ms. Powell here (scroll down to April 8th).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

FINALLY - Nathaniel comes to the realization that it's all about the frocks. My years of labour have paid off. Time for martinis.

NicksFlickPicks said...

@N and the Boyfriend: Here's where this whole post comes together...

Louis. Lestat.

GO!

NATHANIEL R said...

i am frightened by the insight of that connection.