Monday, April 02, 2007

20:07 (Dating Histories)

New Series (let me know what you think in the comments). Each morning I will post a screenshot from the 20th minute and 7th second of a movie. Just because! Along with the line o dialogue being spoken if there is one...

Jerry the actor: It's like, when I think of dying. Know how I'd like to die?
Younger Annie Hall: No. How?
Jerry the actor: I'd like to get torn apart by wild animals.
Alvy Singer: Heavy. Eaten by some squirrels?
Older Annie Hall: Hey, listen. I mean... he was a terrific actor.

8 comments:

Paul C. said...

Hahaha... awesome.

"Touch my heart... with your foot."

J.D. said...

Like I said -- brilliant.

Will you take requests? Just asking.

Lucas Dantas said...

funny how in my mind the more i watch woody allen movies the more easy they become classic for me. annie hall is a classic, but it's surely one of my top movies ever. funny to see how it's imitated.

Glenn Dunks said...

I really need to see this again.

NATHANIEL R said...

J.D. i can't take requests because i have to have the movie handy. so it has to belong to a friend, myself, or a rental ;)

woodstock --that does totally happen with Woody. I remember thinking BULLETS was just a funny movie when i first saw it and i am SO much more attached to it now. And that's just one example.

ivenswynn said...

Wait Nat, you needed at least two viewings to recognize Bullets's brilliance? shame on you! It took me barely ten minutes into watching it for the first time to realize the simple fact!

Anyway, love the post, the film is still Allen's best, though there's plenty of competition.

Anonymous said...

I think it's a neat idea. I'm looking forward to seeing what other movies you do.

SusanP said...

LOL, that's fantastic. In my book, Annie Hall is his best in terms of pure comic brillance. The one that moves me the most is The Purple Rose of Cairo (also incredibly funny).