Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Judge and Jury

Blogging may become a bit erratic soon -- I'm heading to the midwest for a movie frenzy. Starting this weekend I'll be blogging from the Indianapolis International Film Festival where I'll be serving as a member of the jury.

I hope my fellow jurors are amenable to being cast in my imagination as the Toni Collette or the Maggie Cheung of the group --I have to live out my Cannes jury fantasy. Who can blame me? That said, I promise to behave. I won't ask the Maggie proxy to wear the Irma Vep catsuit, promise.

If there are any readers familiar with Indiana who are planning to attend or just have helpful suggestions (good restaurants, internet cafes, etc...) shoot me an e-mail. And if you see me at the festival, say "Hi"

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Indiana is the Deep South's northernmost point. I can't speak for Indianapolis, but avoid Gary.

Anonymous said...

Wow, that kind of sounded like a threat. I'm not from there or anything, I just had a car breakdown near there once.

Marius said...

Nat, I hope you have a great time. I look forward to reading about your adventures there.

Glenn Dunks said...

I was looking at the listings. There's an Australian short called Marti's Party and they spelt a cast member's name wrong. it's Garry, not Gerry McDonald.

Otherwise, this sounds exciting. And you're forced to see them all!

mistyh92104 said...

"I hope my fellow jurors are amenable to being cast in my imagination as the Toni Collette or the Maggie Cheung of the group"

I love you, Nat.

NATHANIEL R said...

dave --um thanks (for scaring me)

marius -i will share all adventures. i'm hoping there are some to be had

glenn - i don't have to actually see them all only the ones in competition. But i'll be seeing whatever extra i can, too.

misty -xo (but seriously: you wouldn't mind being cast as Maggie would you? who would?)

Glenn Dunks said...

That's what I meant.

Unknown said...

Congratulations on your juror slot! Hopefully you can give us an inside peek at the inner workings of a festival jury (though I won't be surprised if most of the process has to remain confidential)