Sunday, April 15, 2007

An Oscar Night Reunion?


I know that the recent Academy Award-winner Jennifer Hudson plunged the comment sections of blogs around the world into polar opposite debate (She's a revelation! All she does is scream! yada yada yada). Many were questioning whether she should win the Academy Award for her first film, especially considering her acting future didn't seem to be as important to her as her music career (her debut album is apparently in post-production, ready to emmerge).

Some people even begged to ask whether Hudson would ever make another movie (she had no confirmed projects as of February, I believe). Well, the answer to that question folks is that yes she does indeed have more movie work in the pipeline. In fact, she's working on one right now!

I was unaware of a new movie entitled Winged Creatures. It is being directed by Aussie Rowan Woods who has given amazing award-winning roles to people such as Cate Blanchett and Hugo Weaving (Little Fish) and Toni Collette and David Wenham (The Boys). Hell, he even got a good performance out of perpetuously bland Martin Henderson. Winged Creatures will feature Hudson alongside, wait for this, Forrest Whitaker, Guy Pearce, Jackie Earle Haley, Satan Dakota Fanning, Kate Beckinsale, Jeanne Tripplehorne, Embeth Davidtz and Josh Hutcherson. That's two very recent Oscar winners (er, Hudson and Whitaker) AND a recent nominee (Haley).

The plot reads "A group of strangers form a unique relationship with each other after surviving a random shooting at a Los Angeles diner."

So, naturally, we don't actually know how big anybody's role will actually be. But, nevertheless, it puts halt to all the "Hudson won't make another movie" arguments that people were throwing around. Rowan Woods makes good movies, and most of the cast is cause for enthusiasm.

So, check out the rest of the pictures from the set of Winged Creatures over at A Socialite's Life. The IMDb forums also lead me to, *shudder*, a Dakota Fanning fansite that has some images of the precocious one on set. Enjoy.

15 comments:

par3182 said...

hmmm, looks ike a sassy one-note type of character - ssssstretch

at least she's got kate beckinsale to make her look good by comparison

Anonymous said...

Maybe this will prove me wrong about the J-Hud. I normally love the acting in Rowan Woods films.

The Chemistry Guru said...

Satan? Lol!

Glenn Dunks said...

Dakota is the ringleader of Hell.

Hush, Par. Hush!

Anonymous said...

I like the angelical Dakota Fanning very much.

However, I was really worried when I watched an interview with her to promote "Charlotte's Web".
She mentioned she wanted to be a part of the cinematic adaptation so her children could watch her in the film.
Is that a reason to be considered by a, at the time, eleven-year-old girl?
Good Lord!!! What diabolical voice is whispering to this girl's ears?

Marcelo.

Glenn Dunks said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Glenn Dunks said...

Well she is Satan, so...

:P

Dame James said...

Oh my God, this is the best news I've gotten all week. The return of J. Hud to the silver screen is a reason to celebrate. I can not wait for this movie!

SamuraiFrog said...

Oh, man, another movie about random people thrust together by circumstance? Wow, who did I piss off in hell to keep having these movies thrown at me? I get it, guns are bad, only connect, so on.

I'll always love Rowan Woods for his work on Farscape.

Marius said...

I love satanic children, which is why I like Dakota.

J.D. said...

I was a satanic child. I was burned down a church with my mind! And... I killed JFK. [gasps] Shocking, ain't it?

Marius said...

Oh, can I adopt you? I'll be a good father. I'll take you down to the Anchor bar for some good Buffalo Wings. Then, we can drive through various cities in Western New York and burn down churches. All in honor of Guillermo Del Toro's distrust of organized religion.

Marius said...

Please note that I would never really do that--burn down churches, I mean. And that type of behavior should never be encouraged. I think I'm going to hell, which sucks.

Anonymous said...

This is shaping up to be a great cast -- Forest Whitaker, Jackie Earle Haley, Jennifer Hudson, Dakota Fanning, and even Kate Beckingsale (she has her moments). I like these "ensemble responds to crisis" type films, so I'll be looking forward to it. And anything to give Jennifer Hudson a chance to attempt to validate her deserved Oscar win is a positive in my book. Not that she needs to, but still . . .

Anonymous said...

any guesses to when this will hit theaters? i'm hoping it's more of a Crash type flick rather than The Nine flop!! ;)