Saturday, April 21, 2007

Soundtrack

There's a new sidebar addition to your right just below "current screenings" courtesy of Box. It's a mini jukebox for those of you who want tunes with your reading... I'll change up the songs weekly if there's interest (it's easy) but your three debut selections are: Spanish goddess Victoria Abril (Pedro Almodovar's post-Maura/pre-Cruz muse) singing "Bubbles", ABBA singing "Under Attack" (they're on the brain due to constant additions to Mamma Mia's film cast: the latest is Colin Firth), and Nellie McKay and Cyndi Lauper's duet "Bee Charmer" which I'm kinda obsessed with. I'm also green with envy about ModFab's Cyndi-riffic moment.

7 comments:

Michael Parsons said...

Thanks Nathaniel. That is a fantastic idea. I love being introduced to new music and may have to ask how you did it so I can cheekily rip it off instead of doing a whole new post everytime I wanna share music.
My stuff

Glenn Dunks said...

Ugh! You totally stole the idea I had last week. But I wasn't doing that Jukebox thing. But I'm posting good music that everyone must download every Monday.

Anonymous said...

Ironic re ABBA, since I read on the weekend that Under Attack is one of 3 songs from the musical not being featured in the movie (also Knowing Me Knowing You and Thank You for the Music get the cut). But am v pleased they're putting in When All is Said and Done from The Visitors album, which has a great Frida lead vocal but never got the attention it deserved.

NATHANIEL R said...

Knowing Me Knowing You is one of my absolute favs.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the music is getting the cut?!?!

Ok, that's it. I refuse to see it!!! That's my favourite ABBA song!!! :o(

;o)

Jason Adams said...

I totally just swiped this from you, Nat, for MNPP... so thanks for that! Great idea.

NATHANIEL R said...

i swiped it from MODFAB which i shoulda said. but i reference him so much i kinda slipped my mind while i was posting. sorry modfab.

i still wuv you