Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Hump Day Hottie: Batman's New Bitches

And now a post that's veritably bursting with old news but all dressed up to feel new with themed & doubled hotness...

Heath Ledger
Our boy Heath is only 28 years old. I'm beyond jealous. I feel like I recently got sucked back into some strange time-warp Brokeback vortex (obsessing all over again) so I wasn't going to go here. But since it is his birthday and since I can't wait to see him as The Joker in Batman Begins...Again and since I keep hearing the name Abbie Cornish everywhere and since she starred opposite him in Candy which I feel guilty for missing and since I will always love him for his brilliance as Ennis Del Mar--thems a lot of reasons-- I am naming him today's hump day hottie.

But wait there's more...

While we're talking Batman, let's expound. Christian Bale, who is more than enough hotness for one movie all by his lonesome, has more than one delectable actor to pummel into submission once he gets his rubber suit on. The other Batman Begins Again And Again co-star is none other than Erin Brockovich's biker boy...

Aaron Eckhart
I've probably mentioned too often that I went to college with this sly devil. Yes, that's just filthy name dropping since I didn't know him or anything. Though I did know of him. My best friend acted with him once in a play. And I actually have a student film (not mine) or two starring Mr. Eckhart on VHS tape. ...I'm somebody !!!

My best friend hates that I think Eckhart is a swell actor (there was some jealousy going on back in the day apparently) but Eckhart's even sexier than he is talented I think ...which is saying a lot. And which probably accounts for that aforementioned jealousy, too. Eckhart will be playing Harvey Dent / Two-Face which is almost too perfect as casting goes. It's genius and duh! obviously casting simultaneously.

Will this post ever end? Yes it will. Any moment now.

I thought I'd leave you with this great quote from my friend JA on the Katie Holmes replacement for Batman's beard leading lady. (Maggie Gyllenhaal. Woot! she'll get her own HDH someday I don't want her to have to share)
...replacing Katie Holmes with Maggie Gyllenhaal is like filling a hole with gold doubloons. Or something. You get my gist. UPGRADE!
The Batman Begins sequel The Dark Knight is currently filming and will be opening in less than 500 days. Until then, feel free to obsess on Spider-Man.

P.S. I don't know how many of you use the handy "labels" feature below but it's an easy way to backtrack should you really need to know every itty bitty thing I've said about Mr. Michelle Williams and Mr. Eckhart in the past ... click away if you feel you've missed anything.

8 comments:

Marius said...

Maggie Gyllenhaal will play Rachel Dawes? That’s like music to my ears. Maggie is amazing!

Anonymous said...

The Dark Knight

So much brilliance and it's still technically in pre-production. I have never anticipated a movie the way I anticipate this film. It will be incredible.

But yes, until then I will obess over Spider-Man 3... and The Dark Knight...

Anonymous said...

OMG, which of Aaron Eckhart's student vids do you have, Nat? I remember watching a short film -- a bleak little Western -- at BYU several years ago, and "that guy from 'In the Company of Men'" was starring in it. Small world...

M

Glenn Dunks said...

Yeah, Aaron's a major hottie. He seems so masculine. Heath nice too, but not my type. He is brilliant though. I will never doubt him again.

Oh, strange thing that you should mention Abbie Cornish again because she was on a tv program here called 9am with David and Kim. It's a morning chat show. Anyway. She was on there discussing her involvment in some animal rights group. She didn't mention Elizabeth, but she did mention Stop-Loss "with Kimberley Pierce" (she seemed to wanna make it known that that was a working title). Yeah. Not that interesting, but still.

adam k. said...

The Dark Knight looks to be a major improvement on the first film, which was not half bad. And both it and I'm Not There are teeming with hot young stars. Excitement.

On the subject of knowing famous people in college, I go to school with a young actor named Jed Resnick who (mark my words) will be a famous Broadway star some day soon. He took a year off from school to star in the national tour of Rent, and is amazing. Great, great actor. He will be huge, with any luck at all.

There's also a girl named Lizzie Vieh who I swear would be PERFECTION as a regular on SNL. I want her to do that with her life, for 10 or so years. But maybe she'll be a real actress.

Lucy DeVito also went to my school, but I didn't really know her much at all. I at least know Jed and Lizzie and others peripherally... same general group of friends...

OK, enough name dropping. How hot is Heath in that picture. SO HOT. I want to be him.

Anonymous said...

April 4 is my birthday too!

NATHANIEL R said...

happy belated birthday ivan l !

Anonymous said...

Only Maggie will ruin TDK for me.Katie is class onscreen and off.
Maggie is trash and since she hates America why is she still in Hollywood?
Did Daddy Gyllenhaal beg her to do TDK?