Tuesday, June 12, 2007

20:07 Twins (Buffy)

Twins - "20:07" Gemini Edition June 11th to June 20th
Twin screengrabs from the 20th minute and 7th second of related movies


Willow: What do you want to do?
Buffy: I don't know. What happened to Angel wasn't his fault.



Joyce: I am your mother and you will make time to explain yourself!
Buffy: I told you. I'm a vampire slayer.
Joyce: Well, I just don't accept that.
Buffy: Open your eyes mom. What do you think has been going on for the past two years?

*
These screengrabs are from "Becoming" the two-part second season finale of The Greatest Television Show of All Time (more commonly referred to as Buffy the Vampire Slayer). Angel, Buffy's beau, was becoming evil again, Buffy's friends and family were becoming aware of their own mortality, Buffy was becoming aware of the gravity of her calling, and Buffy was in the process of becoming a pop culture legend.

Stay tuned for the Action Heroine Blog-a-thon this afternoon. I'm not writing about Buffy but I'm sure someone will be.

7 comments:

The Liz said...

Damnit Nathaniel, stop it with the BtVS all the time. I can't concentrate at work when all I want to do is go home and sit with my DVDs. It's very distracting!

Lucas Dantas said...

i love both of those scenes!! both of the becoming episodes made me cry like hell. i love the joyce dialogue; sounds like they're talking bout drugs or sex or "normal" teen problems. i love wheedon's metaphors.

Anonymous said...

BOTH episodes comfortably sitting within the Top 10 Buffy storylines OF ALL TIME, and unquestionably the finest season finale.

Rob

Anonymous said...

on a kind of related topic is anyone else as excited as i am 2 see SMG in The Air I Breathe?? im hearing pretty good things about her performance!...imagine she got nominated for an oscar...

NATHANIEL R said...

i think too much to hope for.

i mean she couldn't even get an EMMY nod for Buffy. oh the humanity...

NATHANIEL R said...

NOBODY WROTE ABOUT BUFFY!

Anonymous said...

I love that people blog about Buffy. I never watched it when it was new, but I found the first season at the library a few years ago and thought I'd give it a go and I'm glad I did. I watched the whole of season 5 in one night. I had a lot of Buffy marathons, actually. A friend of mine from the states finally phoned me to see why I wasn't going online anymore. I just couldn't get enuff of the wonderful Buff...