Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Hump Day Hottie: Nicole Kidman

Guess who gets 40 spankings today? The one and only Nicole Kidman. Raise your hand if you'd like to volunteer for the paddling. Ohhh! So many hands

Here is your birthday girl in her birthday suit...


It seems like a century ago that she was just a frizzy haired nobody marrying into Hollywood but that wasn't even 20 years ago. And it's only been 12 years since her star really began to sparkle with To Die For (1995). My how quickly true talent, lucky breaks, uncanny auteurist instincts and a twofer like Moulin Rouge! (yes!) and The Others (quite so) can change things.

As the curtain opened on this new century she established herself as the most important actress working. In the theater in my head, 2004 (Dogville & Birth) functioned as her showstopping first act finale. The past couple of years have been quiet. I'm so ready for Act Two.

I realize I'm impossible to please. I beg for my favorite stars to work more and then I demand that they take a breather once I see their face too much. I cried uncle and begged Nicole to take a well earned vacation. Now I desperately want her back, projected several stories high on the silver screen. I know I'm not alone.

Here are the trailers to The Golden Compass and The Invasion.



They can't come quickly enough.

Spank Nicole's bottom in the comments!
or click on her name below for earlier FE ravings including the very popular "Find Your Inner Kidman" quiz.
*

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my favorite actress!!

Nat, since you have the trailers for her other films out this year, you should totally mention in the original post that the trailer for Margot at the Wedding will premiere on Entertainment Tonight well, tonight!

Anonymous said...

Margot has gotten the least attention (compared to Golden Compass, Invasion and Australia) but I'm hoping that it will be Nicole's next "stealth bomber" - the one that's really going to blow us away. Like you Nat I am soooooo looking forward to "Act II".

Thank you for putting up with my Kidman-naggings, Nat. You've made me all kinds of happy - now where's the line for that birthday spanking?

RedSatinDoll

Anonymous said...

Here's hoping 'Moulin Rouge!' miraculously makes the AFI Top 100 list TONIGHT!

CBS 8pm Eastern...I'm pumped.

Anonymous said...

anonymous #3 I'm sooo with you on that. I'm not expecting like, top 20 but ANYWHERE on the list would be awesome.


And Happy Birthday Nicole! Your one of my favs and I always get excited when you have something new out. And I get to see you 3 times on the big screen this year!

It's all good.

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much, Nat and Happy Birthday to the gorgeous one.

SO HAPPY!!!

Anthony

Anonymous said...

Maraming Salamat!

Thank you, Nat for always "having" Nic-she's my fav-!!!!Your site makes this expat (living here in the Philippines) so happy...

May you have many more birthdays, Nicole!!!!

Warren

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Kick ass in 'Golden Compass'!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Ms K! Bring on Act II!

Rob

Glenn Dunks said...

Yes, I loooove me some Nicole. Her resurgance needs to happen. I think with The Golden Compass she will have finally found a big budget film that's worth the trouble (and not stuff like Bewitched, Stepford Wives or, apparently, The Invasion).

And I think she's gonna be amazing in Australia.

Glenn Dunks said...

Also, I've noticed the AFI thing is of the 100 best American movies. Is Moulin Rouge American enough to qualify? In that it's actually an Australian movie with some American funding.

NATHANIEL R said...

i assume it didn't qualify --but i don't think it would have made the list anyway --given the types of recent things that do

Anonymous said...

Moulin Rouge would qualify as American enough for the list. But I think the only new movie that made the list was Lord of the Rings.

NATHANIEL R said...

titanic as well.

Anonymous said...

Everyone LOVES Nicole, and so do I. Long may she reign as the current Queen of Film Acting.

Anonymous said...

I just saw the Entertainment Tonight preview for Margot at the Wedding and I am psyched. I think this film is going to remind us how good both Nicole AND Jennifer Jason Leigh (who is waaaayyyyy overdue for a comeback) are.

RedSatinDoll

Anonymous said...

I'm more excited about Nicole in "Margot at the Wedding" (only b/c of how much I loved "The Squid and the Whale" and I hope that he'll strike gold again) and "Rabbit Hole" (the part's great for the right actress). "The Golden Compass" seems like lo-rent "LOTR" again like "Narnia", but who knows, maybe she'll be a great villain. I don't have a good feeling about "The Invasion", but if she can get a mainstream hit out of that, then more power to her.

But yeah, happy b-day Nikki! <3

Anonymous said...

You can also see the full Margot at the Wedding trailer here:

http://weblogs.variety.com/thompsononhollywood/2007/06/trailer-preview.html

To me, this looks like the best thing Nicole has been involved in for a few years, and I'd say Oscar/Globe/SAG nods would not be out of the question for both Kidman and the ever-underrated Jennifer Jason Leigh (I love her and yes, she's way overdue for a comeback!). Hell, even Jack Black looks great here.

A belated happy birthday Nicole!

'Orrible Owen said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY NICOLE!

One year on, and it's 41 spanks plus one to grow on.

You've been my favourite actress for almost 20 years and I'm delighted to see you back on our screens. I'm so glad your life and career are going so well.

Here's to the next 20 years! May they be just as sucessful as the last.

'Orrible Owen said...

Hi, Nicole. Happy Birthday for 2009. That's forty-two spanks plus one to grow on. Your lovely bottom will be as red as your hair at this rate!