Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Great Danes

Der er et yndigt land

I have been soooo busy today but I didn't want to curl up for some zzzzs without recognizing that it's Denmark's national day today. You'll recall I gave a shout out to Norway last month. I figured Danish readers would be depressed --you know how those Scandinavians get -- if I didn't also send them love. In truth, cinematically speaking, they deserve it even more. Plus: my ancestry is Danish so...

Here are some of my favorite Danes


Denmark also brought us Isak Dinesen aka Karen Blixen aka Meryl Streep in 1985 in Out of Africa so 'mange tak' Finally we must give thanks (indirectly but still) for Scarlett Johansson and Viggo Mortenson. I think you'll all agree that someone needs to be thanked heartily and often for that.


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes...thank you for Viggo, dear Viggo.



eh..they can have back Von Trier

Anonymous said...

Lars Von Trier must be some kind of Danish God. I wish more directors were like him.

But somehow you forgot to include the most wonderful of all Danish actress: Paprika Steen.

Glenn Dunks said...

Funny that. I watched The Idiots today. I don't think I liked it very much.

Michael Parsons said...

Thank you...nothing better to see on a hump day morning than wet Viggo

SusanP said...

Viggggggggggggggo....

Neel Mehta said...

Good job sticking with true Danes and not including Dane Cook, Eric Dane, or Claire Danes.

NATHANIEL R said...

kamikaze --really? I LOVE The Idiots... think it's so underappreciated. plus nikolaj lie kaas *sigh*

where are the danish readers? they've commented before. c'mon people! comment. perhaps not patriotic this day?

Anonymous said...

Are you sure Johansson's Danish not Swedish?

[/like it's important.

Anonymous said...

Sorry! Sorry! Sorry!! Exams are crazy; this is wonderful!!

And Paps beats everybody. And Idiots sucks.

Go watch Babette's Feast, it's so us!