Saturday, June 16, 2007

20:07 (Joan Wilder)

Twins - "20:07" Gemini Edition June 11th to June 20th
Twin screengrabs from the 20th minute and 7th second of related movies

Joan: Oh you speak English?! Good. Can you tell me -- is this bus going to Cartagena?
Man: [Lying] Yes.
Joan: Thank you

Man: Do you recognize my home?
Joan: I wrote this!
Man: Yes.

I miss Kathleen Turner. That is all I wanted to say. *sniffle*
But, happy day, right after I finished this post I read this tidbit on Towleroad -- the great lady herself & John Waters at a Serial Mom screening. I love it.

4 comments:

Damian Arlyn said...

I miss Kathleen Turner too. Watching Body Heat again recently made me miss her even more. :(

Glenn Dunks said...

Is the Romancing the Stone sequel (its name escapes me) any good? I imagine it's a load of tosh, but the first was so good.

I still get a kick out of Serial Mom though.

NATHANIEL R said...

i didn't rewatch the whole thing but i think yes: not worth it. if memory serves. But romancing is still super fun.

Kathleen was so awesome. My best actress winner for 1984 (on the strength of her doubled duty: Romancing The Stone + Crimes of Passion. you can hardly believe it's the same person)

Unknown said...

Kathleen is the only woman I could ever go straight for!