Sunday, February 10, 2008

BAFTA Tonight

Winners are posted elsewhere on the net and unfortunately I've heard a few of them already. But I am watching otherwise without spoilers.

Just a heads up that I will be "live blogging" the BAFTA Awards tonight. Why not? Haven't done it before. I use the term "live blogging" recklessly here since BBC America isn't showing the awards until 8 PM in the US. Clearly they don't keep Keira & Julie waiting until 1:00 AM. Now I'm hearing 5 PM but the TV tells me 8. At any rate. Once it starts, I'll be typing away.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is off topic Nat, but it looks like Pfeiffer might have passed on Cheri, it now looks like Julianne Moore might be set to star in it. Moore would be all wrong for this part :-( and when will Michelle stop making stupid decisions??? UGH!!!

Anonymous said...

Cotillard just won Best Actress at the Baftas. WRONG but good for the Brits to award a French over British Actresses.
Day-Lewis and Bardem won, as predicted, and... Tilda won ! Supporting Actress is hard to predict now

NATHANIEL R said...

the BAFTA live blogging won't start until 8. that's when america gets it. SO DON'T SPOIL ANYMORE OF OUR FUN.

Anonymous said...

Marion Cotillard won??! Whee!!!

The full list of winners is up on the BAFTA web site for those interested early.

Anonymous said...

Once I read that Cotillard won, I figured that there would be an announcement, if Nathaniel found out, that his plans to blog the BAFTAs wasn't going to happen. Damn, I thought for sure that the award already had Christie's name engraved on it because of the homefield advantage and all.

Catherine said...

I was about to say "The winner of Best Actress had the BEST acceptance speech", but you all know who it was now.