Thursday, February 07, 2008

This Weekend...

...the 2008 Movie Preview begins. Yeah, yeah, I know it's February already. But do you really think The Eye and Meet the Spartans are suitable kickoffs for a cinematic year? No, the calendar begins in March -- after the Oscars. So starting tomorrow, some forward looking entries and some special guest star/moviegoing partners for another round of We Can't Wait (not that '07 is over --still have to wrap up the FB Awards and Oscar) ... "There's never enough time. Never enough"

While you're waiting for that, why haven't you read my Television Without Pity articles yet? Oscar Party Planning and Egregious Oscar Snubs.
*

10 comments:

SusanP said...

Nat, I haven't had a chance to read your Oscar snubs article yet, but I loved the piece on party planning--well done!

Anonymous said...

Nat, you're complaining that you have not enough time and I am amazed at the speed you throw the topics everyday.
I answered to one of your posts yesterday and today seems too fucking old!!:)
Frankly, how do you do this?
Do you have a closeted secretary? A twin?
Give yourself a break man!

PD: You're not getting much faster. I say this to help you.

NATHANIEL R said...

it is not too old to respond to other topics. the posts stay on the main page for a whole week.

i don't know where i am anymore. i suspect i live inside the computer. because i never see the sunshine or feel the wind on my face. I see only jpgs. I touch only keyboards.

*sniffle*

Anonymous said...

Go to your DVD player and put on one. Relax. Forget about us.

We have a LOT of topics to respond to for a whole week:)

Anonymous said...

As long as you're writin' them, I'm readin' them.... Love the snubs round up. Way to stand up for Prince Rupert (that Greg Kinnear role was lame). Though La Winslet getting passed over for "Holy Smoke" strikes me as more, um, obscure than egregious. Is it really that good a performance?

NATHANIEL R said...

it is really that good. I personally think it's her best performance.

Glenn Dunks said...

She deserved a nom for just getting the accent down!

Anonymous said...

Holy Smoke still stands as one of my favorite films (Campion's use of pop tunes in it was far more witty than than the norm) and Winslet was AWESOME in it.

I guess I better go read Nat's articles.

RedSatinDoll

Anonymous said...

holy smoke, "holy smoke" is now on my netflix queue.

NATHANIEL R said...

good job