Tuesday, October 06, 2009

F&L: Time (Clock of the Heart)

first and last returns. For the second season of "first and last" we're mixing it up. Sometimes we'll use the first and/or last lines of dialogue from a film for our guessing game. Sometimes those alpha omega images. Sometimes a combo of first and last things. We're keeping the series fresh.

Can you guess the movie?

First Line "Time, it has been proposed, is the fourth dimension and yet for mortal men time has no dimension at all; we are like horses with blinders, seeing only what lies before us, forever guessing the future and fabricating the past."

Last Image



Highlight for the answer: KATE & LEOPOLD starring Meg & Hugh. for all first and last puzzles, click the label below

10 comments:

adelutza said...

Kate and Leopold?

JuanRa Diablo said...

Oh, I've come late. Yes, I think it's Kate and Leopold.

I have found your blog by chance and I wanted to tell you that I have got a blog in which cinema quizes are proposed.

http://albumdiablo.blogspot.com/

DJ said...

Kate and Leopold. I so had that, too, before I saw these two posts! :)

NATHANIEL R said...

as always y'all are quick on the draw.

NATHANIEL R said...

and just because i like to share it: time (clock of the heart) -- which has nothing to do with this movie save for it being a romance with a time theme -- is one of the best songs evah. TOTAL CLASSIC

Janice said...

I think I saw K&L at the beginning of this year and I did not remember that first line - at all. (And the image isn't showing up on my 'puter.) Man, that was a movie full of missed opportunities - a movie that wants to be Eternal Sunshine and thinks it's better than it really is, to judge by the directors comments on the DVD. It did make me a Liev Shreiber fan, so there's that. His character is the most interesting - and in fact, sets off the action of the entire piece - and should have been the protagonist but he disappears for a huge stretch of the film.

Wayne B said...

It's kinda sad that this is Hugh Jackman's only Globe-nominated role.

Dominique said...

I feel depressed that I knew this one for some reason...

Janice said...

This was Globe nominated? Seriously? Was that a weak year or just another example of Globe wackiness?

kin said...

It is an example of them going with huge stars in the comedy categories when they run out of potential Oscar nominees.