Friday, January 15, 2010

BFCA Live-Blogging, God Cheno Help Me

8:24 The "arrivals" special (VH-1 bitches) is about to begin. What does it mean that I'm slightly more excited for the pizza that's on its way. The website tells me that Zahidur is on his way with it right now. In truth, I'm more excited than I usually am due to Cheno (née Kristin Chenoweth). Are you watching? Even if I wasn't addicted to awards shows I would watch it for her. She's like sunshine and baby kittens and ice cream all at once.

<-- Even when she's crying, like when she won the EMMY, she's all those things. The Cuteness! It goes to eleven.

8:31
Zahidur was kind of a jerk. We tip well and he still didn't feel it was enough? What the F? You know... I do not understand why I am forced to watch the Jonas Bros when I tune in to a movie awards show? What the F do they have to do with the movies? Oh, I get it. The Shirley Temple tribute ringlet curls on his forehead.

8:36 Anna Kendrick claims that George Clooney is not intimidating to work with. I believe her.

8:41 Fashion Police Break!


Don't you think Marion Cotillard should probably quit with the mermaid thing? She already won the Oscar dressed as one. And Saoirse's dress is so old lady but then a little too busy to be in homage to The Golden Girls. And you better save that bizness till the SAG Awards anyway when Betty White is honored. I hope everyone comes in caftans. And I better see a cheesecake platter on every table.

8:49
Ohmygod. They've even coached their red carpet people to act like the BFCA doesn't matter unless it's reflecting the Oscars. I'm so deeply ashamed. Stand for yourselves, fellow media peeps! Stop announcing your own irrelevancy in the face of *THE OSCARS* Be your own game and people will be more into you.

8:57 I edited this out of the last podcast but Joe Reid begged James Cameron to cut his hair or be mistaken for an old lesbian:

TOO LATE.

Cuz this is ladies night... oh, what a night!

Zoe Saldana apparently loves the older women! And plastic dresses.

9:04 "Look at this dress!" Hee. But this opening host song's 'funny' lyrics are not really worthy of TONY winning Cheno. But that ending "Nancy, is it really that complicated? I don't think so" was pretty funny. I'll give them that.

9:12 The Ensemble goes to Inglourious Basterds. Diane Kruger announces that Quentin Tarantino "rocks".

9: 13 Kristen Bell looked pissed. What's that about?

9:15 OMG how awkward was that reference to helping the quake victims in Haiti. Poor Tobey Maguire gettin' that duty 'And now...' Supporting Actress: MO'NIQUE in Precious. Referencing her husband's reaction to the script
Mama, don't judge it. Just be it and leave it on the floor... I love you, Daddy.
I am thrilled that Mo'Nique won, I love those rhinestones on steroids round her neck. But I am so absolutely creeped out when married couples call each other any variation of mamma and daddy. It's not right!

9:25 Best Action Movie -- those are actually some good nominees -- Avatar. Duh. Meryl Streep looks confused. Apparently she hasn't been to Pandora. It's complicated.

9:29 Best Animated Feature Up. So far no surprises. I love the theme to Up. It might be my favorite thing about the movie. Okay. I think that was kind of an uncharitable acceptance speech. He couldn't mention how brilliant some of his competitors were? Or did I miss that while I was typing. If so I take it back. But I don't think I missed it. And really: Coraline... Fantastic Mr. Fox. That's some damn fine celluloid, mister Docter winner.

9:39 oy... a plastic surgery joke? Poor Kristen Bell. She had to deliver it. That's why she looked so pissed earlier. Best Young Actor goes to Saoirse Ronan


9:43 A tribute to John Hughes. The best part of it is Amy Poehler & John Krasinski's Pretty in Pink garb. hee. There was kind of a funny joke in there about the "each one of us is a brain, an athlete, a basketcase, a princess and a criminal" speech. It involved cuts to people in the audience to illustrate each type (Meryl Streep being the punchline for "a criminal") but nobody got the joke because the delivery and editing was so slow. It played like technical difficulties rather than as a joke. Too bad. Super fast delivery and editing and the Streep punchline woulda worked.

9:55 Supporting Actor Christoph Waltz. Nice acceptance speech. Humble and all about the choices that led to Inglourious Basterds.

How much do you want to bet Quentin is thinking about Kristin
Chenoweth's little piggies at this very moment in the broadcast?

9:57 I find it that Inglourious Basterds are seated across from A Single Man's team. Julianne Moore (love the sculptural dress though it's not so great, seated) seems to find Kristin Chenoweth funny. So: good taste Julianne. Kristin is working hard but the material is a bit rough.

10:00 Sarah Silverman cracks me up. Great gay joke.
Best Comedy to The Hangover. Lame. (500) Days of Summer was a hundred times better.

10:15
Oops. I fell asleep. Best Song "Weary Kind" Ryan Bingham is so sexy. And I love that there's two Ryan Binghams in play this year (see also: Up in the Air)

10:20
Er... they just gave out all the technical prizes at once. Bad form! I don't like it when people pretend that cinematography is not as important as directing and writing and whatnot. It went like so: Avatar = cinematography, editing, art direction, sound, visual effects; District 9 = makeup; Young Victoria = costumes; Grey Gardens = TV movie; The Cove = documentary; Broken Embraces = Foreign Film; Up = best score.

10:21 My goodness. Claire Danes really hits her "T"s. Such elocution. Best Adapted Screenplay Up in the Air. Best Original Screenplay Inglourious Basterds. They're really churning out the awards. Tarantino's speech is good so you get the end, when he reveals that screenplay awards are because of actors.
These guys know. My material is not easy. It's hard. I cannot have dumb actors do my dialogue. I've tried it and it was a disaster. So I want to thank my lovely actors for taking my words and singing my song and doing my poetry. God bless you.
So cool. I love that he finally accepts that he's a terrible actor. Notice he was not in Basterds, f'ing it up.

10:34 MERYL STREEP (!) presenting Kevin Bacon with a prize for something. It has something to do with Bacon's charities. I have trouble concentrating because it's Streep and this has been a really long day and I ate too much pizza. Damn you Zahidur!


10:43 I am filled with joy that Best Director is for Kathryn Bigelow. I am proud to say that I've been backing her since Near Dark in the 80s and I am totally willing to scootch over and let everyone else join the bandwagon. There's plenty of room and it's about freaking time, people.

10:48 Vera Farmiga is presenting Best Actor which is perfect because she brings out great things from her leading men. Best Actor Jeff Bridges. Bridges got his director's name wrong but good save, there Jeff. God I love this man. But in the background I think it's very important to note this historic event.

I'm sorry Diane Kruger but I have to.


An actress EATS at an awards show. That made me almost as happy as the existence of Kristin 'sunshine+kittens+icecream' Chenoweth.

11:03 Best Actress Meryl Streep & Sandra Bullock. Yes, another tie. How does this happen? Is it fixed. Second year in a row with a best actress tie?

The Tie. The Superstars. The Kiss



Both times, Meryl Streep is involved? But that was HILARIOUS. Because both of these women are. For those who couldn't see, they circled each other warily, Sandra shouted "bullshit" and then they kissed! So, so funny. And as we have grown accustomed to expecting, Meryl's speech was divine. She even bitched that her husband was "GOLFING!" ha ha.

11:16 Mark Boal (screenwriter) accepts Best Picture for The Hurt Locker. Love that movie. And can we just talk about what no one talks about here. The cast and crew are smokin'. I'm just sad that Anthony Mackie wasn't there. But I'm just going to start calling it The Sexy Locker.

And Cheno signs off claiming she's going to head backstage to make out with Sandra Bullock. And I'm signing off, too. But I'm hoping to make out with Kathryn Bigelow and Jeremy Renner instead.


*

82 comments:

Victor S said...

"She's like sunshine and baby kittens and ice cream all at once."

BEST KRISTIN CHENOWETH DEFINITION EVER!!!!!

Dean said...

I think they've mentioned Oscar more than Critics Choice. I loved Tarantino's description of it all being a game.

NoNo said...

Mo'nique! She's so humble...I can't wait for her speech!

Jim T said...

Isn't there a site to watch it? I live in Greece :(

NATHANIEL R said...

It's on VH-1. I'm not sure if they're live streaming? Maybe at the website?

Mike said...

wow...that reboot news must have done a number of Toby. He looked and sounded awful.

Jim T said...

Thanks Natahniel but nothing works. I'm so ungryyyy.

Anonymous said...

And the sweep starts for MoNique!

Ryan Ray said...

Uhhh, I thought that beginning number was horrendous. I had to change the channel.

Yeah, what was up with Tobey too?

Anonymous said...

Apparently, while the rest of the TV world is finding out the winners, those who have to resort to VH1's live-blog are treated to Mo'Nique's long press conference. I wanna know who wins!!! :(

Cindy said...

How cute was it that Pete Docter was wearing an "Ellie" badge (the grape soda cap)?

NATHANIEL R said...

oh, i missed that. rewind.

i'm missing DOLLHOUSE to live blog this. I hope you all R-E-S-P-E-C-T cuz that's a sacrifice. That show is finally what it always meant to be.

Nick M. said...

I feel awful. Almost every year I feel oddly compelled to watch these awards--and every time I feel like a lapsed junkie, tasting my first bit and feeling all kinds of satisfaction and remorse in the process. Kristin is wonderful, but I wouldn't know that from just watching this ceremony. It's just embarrassing.

::pops open another bottle of wine::

Walter L. Hollmann said...

Man, was that Orphan/Lovely Bones skit painful to watch or what?

Andrea said...

Being forced to watch this on VH1.com, and the cameraman is slightly above mentally challenged. Random audience reaction shots of people sitting down with blank expressions or of people WALKING AROUND instead of focusing on who's on the podium, or what's onscreen, or who just won. IDIOT. I am so aggravated right now. Someone BETTER load the *actual* version on youtube later.

adam k. said...

Whip It is what REALLY deserved to win best comedy. I'm still pissed that that movie flopped.

Unknown said...

Hi from Japan. Could anybody tell me if Meryl won best actress? Have they announce it yet?

Travis said...

this better be the only time The Hangover is deemed superior to 500 Days of Summer... I know the show is trying to be the MTV Moive Awards but c'mon

Timmie said...

wow...Cheno is trying so hard...but seriously, who wrote this crap? quite possibly the worst awards show banter ever!! I would rather have just seen Cheno deliver every award from her living room. I'm sure if she improv-ed it would have been better!!

NATHANIEL R said...

Miro -- they save the lead actors till the end.

Joe Reid said...

It's interesting they mention Kevin Bacon winning the first BFCA Best Actor award for Murder in the First. Absolutely no way that performance wins with today's prediction-obsessed BFCA.

Unknown said...

Thank you Nathaniel. I wish I could watch :(
Got all my fingers and toes crossed for Meryl she so deserves it 2 years in a row!

Joe Reid said...

Also: SO WEIRD how prominently Six Degrees is going to feature in the legacy (such as it is) of Kevin Bacon. Tributes like this, to actors still in their prime (age-wise, if not, in Kevin's case, career-wise) are such an odd window into how we're going to remember people years from now.

Unknown said...

Meryl Streep - Best Actress!

Joe Reid said...

Also Also (hey, I'm fine to just keep chattering away): I will be perfectly happy with Jeff Bridges taking the Best Actor Oscar if he keeps making acceptance speeches as relaxed, amiable, and fun to watch as that was. I was worried the career-award aspect would be a fly in the ointment, but not anymore. (It also helps I finally saw Crazy Heart and loved the performance.)

Clarence said...

SANDRA AND MERYL??? REALLY? WOW =.= Meryl Yes. Sandra Hell to the no.

Unknown said...

LOL on Diane Kruger!!

dfwforeignbuff said...

nice blog live tonite I am not hooked into cable so your blog is giving me the play by play!!!great work. ld dfwforeignbuff on netflix

adam k. said...

This VH1 liveblogging of the backstage press conferences is really painful. ALL the reporters ask "how does it feel to win?" and "what do you think about your oscar chances? is it messing with your head?" over and over again, like such tools. Bridges is really trying hard to take in stride, bless him.

Can't wait to see Streep deal with these f**kers.

Ryan Ray said...

I can't believe Sandra and Meryl tied. Glad the "old" ladies won out though!

Walter L. Hollmann said...

That kiss crossed off one of my Bucket List entries.

Unknown said...

Yeah for Meryl, although she deserves solo win. But still yea

adam k. said...

Oh my. Maybe not.

NATHANIEL R said...

Walter -LOL!

The Boyfriend says "meryl streep is such an incorrigible ham" and god yes but that's why we love her so much.

Joe Reid said...

I love how tactile Bigelow and Renner are with each other. Not that I blame either one of them one bit.

Also, I thought Sandy Bullock was totally charming and lovely with Meryl up there and HA! and so there and [carlfredrickson]THHHBBBBBT![/carlfredrickson]

Unknown said...

Thank God for this blog because without it this show would be unwatchable.

brandz said...

this has been one of the worse award shows i have ever witnessed. happy meryl streep won, but a tie? c'mon. also glad hurt locker won too. it really was the best film this year.

Anonymous said...

Nate,

Your thoughts on Meryl winning the Oscar? I still think she's the frontrunner...

Ryan T. said...

Great liveblog Nate. Unlike you, I sacrificed this award show (really we have more to look forward to) so I watch Dollhouse. But thanks for keeping me informed!

sookie sackhouse said...

Awesome coverage!!! Kristen is awesome... she held it together with inferior material. Meryl = awesome as ever. Even Mo'nique pulled it off. Chris Waltz, pure elegance. Tarantino, surprise sharing of honor -- good'on ya! Happy Friday folks. TGIF!!!

Peter Chan said...

I have a feeling my crush on Jeremy Renner will only worsen to an unhealthy state as this awards season progresses.

NATHANIEL R said...

sookie -- yep. agreed on all accounts.

anon 11:28 -- i think meryl is winning still. i have since the summer.

ryan t -- i exaggerated. i dvr'ed Dollhouse so i'm about to watch ;)

adam k. said...

Wow, there's gonna be a lot of Sandy v. Meryl coverage all the time after they both win again at the globes.

Colin Low said...

"But I am so absolutely creeped out when married couples call each other any variation of mamma and daddy. It's not right!"

It's because she has three children, I guess. So they're used to calling each other that in front of the kids, and it sticks.

Andrew K. said...

Nathaniel your boyfriend's description "meryl streep is such an incorrigible ham: surely deserves a comment du jour. No?

In other news, why couldn't the person who wrote for Cheno when she hosted the Drama Desk Awards write this time. Still hoping for a Carey win although, now I wouldn't mind Sandra Bullock winning. It might officially wean me of award shows and and me realise they're not worth that much.

Jamie said...

I love cheno. I want to watch it online, but this is better. Thanks so much. Hope her opening act is worth the wait.

Bob Westal said...

I actually think "The Hangover" is immensely better than "(500) Days." One is exactly the movie it sets out to be and the other is a rather dull and ordinary indie comedy with some nice moments. I do not get the fuss over this one.

Unknown said...

Oh yeah tie my ass! You know these attention whores would give five-way ties and participation awards if they thought more people would watch and nobody would make fun of the whole thing!

Unknown said...

Somebody seems to be feeling a little frisky tonight, eh, Nat? ;P

Mike said...

Kathryn Bigelow looks too good to be almost 60.

Mimi said...

Meryl Streep press room interview:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36c7spprQE0

Michael B. said...

A Single Man and Basterds were both distributed by The Weinstein Company (Didn't you see Harvey sitting a few seats down from Ford?) so they put them on the same table.

Same reason why Taylor Lautner and The Hurt Locker people will be sitting at the same table on Golden Globe night...

Danielson said...

Hands down least entertaining and annoying awards show in years ! And I have been seeing them for over 20 years. Listening to Kristen Chenowith's Minnie Mouse voice for 2 hours was so grating. I almost didn't get to finsih watching the show because my girlfriend was losing it over Chenowith and that irritating voice. Stuck in a hard place because I wanted to watch as I'm in a pool. The whole vibe of the show was boring and missed on so many spots. The writing they provided the presenter's was horrible. Especially the Heather Graham/Ed Helmes, Zach Quinto/Danes and Levitt/ Morgan spots. Cringe worthy.
The nominees looked bored. And Chenowith is not a natural comedienne and her stunts fell flat. Not really her fault, but she's just not funny. That's the best they could do ? You couldn't have had George Lopez or Chris Rock ? Anyway... annoying nonetheless. Hopefully the Globes are better !

Jorge Rodrigues said...

L-O-V-E Mo'Nique now :D


Watch her snap at critics because she only answers questions about the performance (and she's so right): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhpMTiz4Oqw


And I love that she calls everyone "baby" :D

Anonymous said...

Tarantino was in Basterds, though. He was the first Nazi we saw getting scalped =P

HollywoodCiak said...

I LOVE Kristin Chenoweth!!!

Faux said...

I'm pleased to see how much they love Broken Embraces. If Almodovar wins GG, do you think we could see a very big surprise as BP nominee in February 2? By the way, the movie has high scores at RT and Metacritic.

NATHANIEL R said...

Danielson -- "Chenoweth is not a natural comedienne" methinks someone isn't familiar with her career. That's exactly what she is and what she's known for. That's how she got famous (musical comedy). But even talented people can run into trouble when the material sucks.

The night I saw Wicked there was a set malfunction that stopped the show in its tracks and Kristin had the audience in stitches for 3 or 4 minutes while they fixed it.

don't diss my Cheno! ;)

Adam M -- damn those lusty celebrities. They do it to me every time.

The Jaded Armchair Reviewer said...

Tarantino was in Basterds, though. He was the first Nazi we saw getting scalped =P

Those were also his hands choking Diane Kruger. Guess he didn't trust anybody else to do a barehanded strangulation.

Is it just me or will anyone else feel weird if The Hurt Locker "only" wins Best Director and Best Picture at the Oscars?

NATHANIEL R said...

I still don't think it's going to win Best Picture. But I'm feeling better about Best Director. Yay!

OtherRobert said...

You're a far braver man that I am, Nathaniel. I made it about 30 minutes before praying that the audience would respond to Kristin Chenoweth and going to bed. Poor girl. I have a feeling no one there knew who she was. She's a wonderful host and, the key here, a wonderful person. I think they didn't realize that her persona on stage was not an act. She really is cute and bubbly and a basket full of rainbows and puppy dogs whenever she's off stage.

I loved the applause almost all the way through the Coraline clip. More than Up, that's for sure.

NATHANIEL R said...

OtherRobert -- people who don't know who Kristin Chenoweth is make me crazy mad. Our world is so fucked up. Seriously. People know who Kim Kardashian, Paris Hilton and numerous reality tv "personalities" are and they've done NOTHING to contribute to any credible forms of entertainment and most of them have no discernible talent to speak of.

sorry. you touched a nerve!

Cheno is awesome and has been since at least 1999. "and that's my new philosophy!" TONY win.

NATHANIEL R said...

Ooh and also I forgot to mention Abbie Cornish at all. She was doing that "good sport" thing people do when they show up to present at an awards show which stiffed them.

only she seemed totally bored so that kind of ruined the good sport angle :)

Jim T said...

Youtube is full of videos that just show a pic of Meryl and Sandra kissing but no actual video! Am I ever going to see anything from that show?

Nigel Maruva Chikukwa said...

I am so happy Bullock tied in with Streep.

Now I won't look crazy championing her to win this year. I had been referencing Julia Roberts' shocking win to support my prediction but most people didn't seem convinced. I guess the Hollywood glitz that makes "The Blind Side" suffer as a film was discouraging them.

Anyway, here's to a "potential surprise" by Bullock come oscar time.

Lara said...

Make room, Nat, on your bandwagon because I'm joining it. And like a sign from above the postman brought me NEAR DARK today. Hee!
Has anybody read that titbit in the NYT about the seating arrangement at the Golden Globes? Apparently THE SEXY LOCKER isn't sexy enough for them so they are pulling in some kid from that Twilight movie to "bring glamour to the table". Clearly they haven't seen THL but nominated it anyway because everybody else did and they didn't wanted to end up looking stupid and out of touch. The Twilight cast combined would have a hard time 'upsexing' Anthony Mackie alone. But the THL crew combined? No effing way!

Faux said...

I bet for sure Basterds and Tarantino WILL WIN BP & BD. Not Hurt Locker. Not Up in the Air. Not Avatar. Avatar will win techs, Nine probably minors techs categories. Up in the Air probably screenplay and Hurt Locker also screenplay. But I have this feeling about IB... we'll see.

Unknown said...

Julia Roberts shocking win????
Only in your mind her win was shocking. Everyone, including herself, knew she was going to win about 6 months before Oscar night.
She didn't win every single award on the face of earth like Helen Mirren but she the SAG, Golden Globe - Drama, BAFTA, BFCA, NBR and L.A. Critics.
One of the most predictable best actress winners ever.

Mike M. said...

Some good choices, and some not so good. If there was going to be a tie, it should have been between Meryl and Gabby or Meryl and Carey. I've come to like Bullock recently, but maintain she has no business collecting Best Actress awards for that performance.

As for the presenters...So awkward. The writing was terrible, but I was nevertheless amazed that actors struggled so much to inject any sort of energy into their lines.

I echo the sentiments that BFCA should stop defining themselves in relation to the Oscars. It makes them seem completely irrelevant as a separate event.

Alex said...

When Best Actress was a tie I was so excited. "Meryl and Carey can share it!" No. It just HAD to be Sandy. Her bits with Meryl and then that awesome speech made me totally okay with it, though.

Andrea said...

I was excited for Kristin Chenowith but MAN, that was just awful. I'm sorry. I know she's your girl and everything, but c'mon sometimes even our favorites stumble once in awhile. The parodies, the jokes....eh, I just cringed all night. Her cuteness was the only saving grace. The presenters were even worse. Wish it could go back to being intimate and simple like the previous years. The overhead marquee, flashing lights, goddamn Nick Jonas, the spacious room just smacked of MTV-Movie-Awards wannabe.

Everyone always knew that IB was going to win Best Screenplay and Best Supporting Actor, so I have no idea why everything thinks it's going to win Best Picture all of a sudden. I'm sure that that the critics, unlike at the SAG awards, are smart enough not to equate "Best Acting Ensemble" with "Best Picture". And Up in the Air is not going to win, either. It's going to be The Hurt Locker or Avatar.

Sean said...

I thought for sure "Nine' would at least get a tech or two.

I was finally going to see it tomorrow, but it's gone from all the theaters. This is Louisville, KY. I realized we're not NYC, but we aren't the Ozarks either. Sigh....

Nigel Maruva Chikukwa said...

Victor...

It was "shocking" because Ellen Burstyn was believed to be the one to take the gold home for her role in "Requiem for A Dream."

Sam said...

I adore Kristin Chenowith, but most of her bits just didn't work. The Orphan girl killing the Salmon girl with a hammer was in incredibly bad taste. Even worse, it wasn't funny. I'm all for bad taste but it has to be funny.

Anonymous said...

Wow, that was a seriously awful awards show. I usually love Chenoweth, but she was annoying as hell. Agreed, though, that the bad writing was the source of most of the stink.

cb

Ian said...

Ok, lack of physical resemblance aside---- Meryl vs. Sandra in August: Osage County?!?

If they need a big star, I could see Bullock being a better fit for Barbara than Julia...

NoNo said...

I'm sorry, the material was bad but I don't think Chenoweth handled it well either. Her line delivery was a little off. I do commend her for sticking with it through that disaster of a show. She did not leave good impressions on whoever was watching the show and was unfamiliar with her.

Tom O'Neil and Jeff Wells need to give it a rest with the Mo'nique hate. When you say things like this, you really need to seek help:

Mo'Nique gives O'Neil a fast look that says, "You Oscah-handicappin' muthahfuckin' punk-ass bitch! If I could only say what I really feel and wipe the floor with your white ass...but I can't. I won't. Here...talk to my husband."

When I pray for my family in Haiti, I'm going to include Wells and O'neil too. Disgraceful!

danielson said...

Nathanial, you make good points, and everyone is entitled to their own opinion. But being able musical comedy does not make you funny in every aspect of the comic form. Granted I will give many a pass, at that particular show because the writing was horrible.
And I have just never been a big fan of Kristen Chednowith. If she was so great she'd be able to carry a film all by her loansome. I'm sorry but when did the Minnie Mouse voice thing become popular ?
But I'm not here to aruge. The show sucked. I can go back to the Critics Choice Awards of last year and the year before that and were much better and easier to watch. Maybe because those years had better overall films.
I will say one thing, I just wish the presenter's didn't have to say very much or try to be funny. It almost never works and creats awkwardness. When it doesn't work it totally throws off any positve momentum of the show. Just get up there say hello, say you look nice and present the nominees.

NATHANIEL R said...

danielson -- true. bad banter kills momentum every time. It's weird that they keep employing (presumably) the same people to write it each year when it's always so hideous.

it only really seems to work when the people are obviously doing their own persona/material... i.e. Sarah Silverman

Anonymous said...

Taylor Lautner is ONLY sitting at the table with The Hurt Locker people BECAUSE both Twilight and The Hurt Locker are from the same STUDIO.

danielson said...

Sorry about my terrible spelling in that last post. Never write when you are tired.:(

Lara said...

@ anon 2:09, that might have been the initial reasoning (same studio), but Philip Berk (president of the HFPA) turned it into something else. Look here: http://www.nytimes.com/2010/01/14/movies/awardsseason/14globes.html?ref=movies