Saturday, January 23, 2010

Viva Jeanne!



Jose here to remind you that the magnificent Jeanne Moreau turns 82 today.

Go and celebrate by watching Elevator to the Gallows, Diary of a Chambermaid, The Lovers, Querelle, The Bride Wore Black, Jules and Jim, The Last Tycoon or my favorite La Notte.
Heck you can even watch Ever After if only to enjoy that smokey voice narrating a fairy tale.

If you've seen those and love Jeanne, today's a perfect day to revisit them and if you're not familiar with the woman Orson Welles called "the greatest actress in the world", what are you waiting for?

9 comments:

badmotherfucker said...

I've always thought she was terribly underrated. I mean, look at all the comments on this page ... exactly!

Whatever, though. Orson Welles said it best.

adri said...

I loved The Bride Wore Black, and she was great in it. I wondering how it could possibly end, and then the end was perfect.

Y Kant Goran Rite said...

There are days - usually after a viewing of Jules and Jim or Bay of Angels or her movies for Welles or that time I watched Bride Wore Black - that I believe my love for Jeanne Moreau is greater than all my other loves put together.

Will said...

One of the greatest actresses of the 20th century and France's best actor. Where is her Honorary Oscar?

FrenchGirl said...

oh Jeanne! tu as la plus belle voix du monde!

John T said...

Catherine is one of the cinema's greatest characters-bravo, Ms. Moreau!

NATHANIEL R said...

I love Bay of Angels so much. And to think my friend had to talk me into seeing it.

Unknown said...

I've been watching La Notte for days straight now. Moreau and Vitti.....my god!

Unknown said...

I have been watching La Notte for days straight now.