Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Curio: Julia Apron


Alexa from Pop Elegantiarum here. In honor of Meryl Streep's win at the Globes on Sunday (oy what a speech), I thought I'd give a shout-out to this fab Julia Child apron by ImaginAprons. If Julie and Julia left you inspired to get cracking on some French cooking, why not imitate Meryl as Julia in the process? The apron even has a handy loop for you to hook an included dish towel onto the apron (à la Meryl, in character, above). How very mise en abyme, as the French say.


What is especially cool is that the apron comes with a replica of the badge Julia’s husband designed for her French cooking school, L'Ecole des Trois Gourmandes. Julia wore the badge on her show for years. Happy butter, everyone!

5 comments:

Tammy from IB/PGSS said...

@ Arkaan

If you're reading this, I have been trying to find you for ages. I would love to be part of your life again in whatever way feels right to you. We shared some really special times together, and I miss you a lot, as does the rest of the IB group.

You can reach me here: rottweiler@bluebottle.com

Your friend,
Tammy

NATHANIEL R said...

I feel like these items aren't complete without perhaps a shoelift to reach the "heights" haha of Julia and her sister.

Anonymous said...

did you LOVE the speech nate?
she is a wise woman x

brandz said...

meryl's speech at the globes said to me she's ready to play and win! she is fabulous beyond words.

Cowboy Shirts said...

The cooking aprons are looking good. Thanks for sharing great information with us regarding cooking aprons.