Friday, January 29, 2010

Dancing With Sarah

.
JA from MNPP here. I think a lot of y'all will agree with me that Michelle Williams' name has become, in this post-Brokeback, post-Wendy and Lucy world, enough of an incitement to cause us to click on a link to see what she's up to. I like that gal! She's proven herself (and I hear she and Ryan Gosling tear it up in Blue Valentine.) So point being I clicked on this link over at DH, and was met with this news:

Seth Rogen & Michelle Williams Have A "Waltz"

Seth Rogen and Michelle Williams are set to star in the romantic drama "Take This Waltz" says Deadline Hollywood.

The story follows a young woman (Williams) who struggles with her infidelities and the budding realization that she may be addicted to the honeymoon period of her relationships.

Sarah Polley ("Away From Her") directs from her own script which made last year's Black List. Filming kicks off this July in Toronto.

Now you'll note that that post's title leaves the most important fact of this story out of it and if Michelle Williams' name weren't such an incentive for me I might've missed this most important fact:

Sarah Polley's directing again!!!

She shoots... movies.

Can we all just do a little jig for a minute here please? Yay!

Of course if you click over to where the news broke you'll see that they broke the news the right way, with Polley's name the very first thing you see. But everybody doesn't cover news the right way! Polley first, always! It's like my version of "Bros Before Hos" only not obscenely misogynistic.
.

11 comments:

Missy said...

I think this is her first comedy since Dick. I'll watch her in anything.

Elisabeth said...

It's a lovely, delicate script. Away From Her was a stunning film and Polley deserved so many awards for it.

I am confused by the Seth Rogen thing, for sure.

Michael said...

I like Michelle Williams about as much as I dislike Seth Rogen. Lots of conflicting feelings about this.

/3rtfu11 said...

Where’s that James Franco still from?

NATHANIEL R said...

/3rtf11 - it's actually just a pic from Sundance.

JA -- i didn't know about this. I'm glad she's directing again because for the first time i didn't like her acting (Splice)

Jason Adams said...

No! Say it ain't so, Nat! I've been really looking forward to that movie; I read your review but you know how our mileage varies with horror so I was still excited. But hearing Sarah might be... not... good? That's real horror!

Cristhian said...

I just think that it's awesome that Women have directing job, I mean we already have a few works lined up for 2010 from women that look like winner to me, Lisa Cholodenko's Kids are Alright and Sofia Coppola's Somehwere. Both backed by Focus Features!

Wayne B said...

Yes! Polley directing again is awesome news. Can't wait to see it.

Sara said...

Yay to Polley directing again but boo to Williams. I am not impressed by her. I think she has a very limited ability and I just find that so boring.

Unknown said...

This is amazing news. The star of my favorite TV show when I was 10 directing the stars of my favorite TV shows when I was 20.

tony d said...

If Jonah Hill was good in Cyrus I have hope Rogen will do well in this - remember he was in Freaks and Geeks and worked really with David Gordon Green (granted that was Rogen's screenplay but it still worked in my opinion)